LA Galaxy Acquire Defender Dasan RobinsonSeptember 15, 2011 - Major League Soccer (MLS) Los Angeles Galaxy
Originally coached by current Galaxy Associate Head Coach Dave Sarachan when he joined the Fire, Robinson started all 23 games he played in during his rookie season while helping the Fire win the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup. He made 23 regular season appearances again in 2007 and started all three of the Fire's postseason games as they reached the Eastern Conference Championship.
Robinson was hampered by injuries in 2008 and 2009, but bounced back in 2010 to start in all 17 games he played in for the Fire. He also played the full 90 minutes in international friendlies against Paris Saint-Germain and AC Milan and was named the club's Humanitarian of the Year award for his work with Urban Initiatives.
Originally born in Evanston, Ill. and raised in Elyria, Ohio, Robinson appeared in five of Chicago's first seven games this season, making two starts, before being traded to Toronto FC on July 28 in exchange for defender Dan Gargan and a second round draft pick in the 2012 MLS SuperDraft. He did not play in any league games with Toronto.
Robinson, who played his college soccer at the University of Dayton, was invited to the U.S. National Team training camp in January and February 2007 ahead of friendlies against Denmark and Mexico, though he did not dress for either contest.
The Galaxy are back in action this Saturday, September 17 when they take on the Vancouver Whitecaps FC at The Home Depot Center. The game, which is presented by Farmers Insurance, kicks off at 7:30 p.m. and can be seen on FOX Sports West on tape delay starting at 10:30 p.m. For more information about this game or to purchase tickets, please visit www.lagalaxy.com.
Major League Soccer Stories from September 15, 2011
- LA Galaxy Acquire Defender Dasan Robinson - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Earthquakes Acquire Forward Maxwell Griffin from Orlando City on Loan - San Jose Earthquakes
- Whitecaps FC Add Defender Carlyle Mitchell - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Sporting Kansas City Weekly Update - Sporting Kansas City
- San Jose Earthquakes Establish Partnership with Evergreen United - San Jose Earthquakes
- Real Salt Lake Gameday Events - Real Salt Lake
- Toronto FC Acquire Kyle Davies from LA Galaxy - Toronto FC
- Philadelphia Union Sign Morgan Langley from Harrisburg City - Philadelphia Union
- EA Sports BC Soccer Premier League Kicks off this Weekend - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Chicago Fire Announce Remaining Broadcast Schedule - Chicago Fire
- Crew Launches "Dare to be Massive" Initiative - Columbus Crew SC
- Sporting Kansas City Signs Defender Lawrence Olum - Sporting Kansas City
- United Drives to Collect Arts and Craft Supplies During September - D.C. United
- Chicago Fire Fall 1-0 to Deportivo Guadalajara in International Friendly - Chicago Fire
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.