Deighan Ties CPL Career Saves RecordAugust 4, 2011 - Coastal Plain League (Coastal Plain)
Deighan, who played for Martinsville in 2009 and Asheboro in 2010 and 2011, had a league-best 17 saves in 2010. He added to that number in 2011 with seven saves for the Copperheads, tying him with former Copperhead Jason Walker (2000-01), who also had 24 saves.
On the 2011 regular season, Deighan has made 24 appearances - all in relief - and pitched 30 2/3 innings with an 0.29 ERA for Asheboro. He is 4-0 with seven saves and two combined shutouts. The 6-4, 220-pound junior right-hander from Charleston Southern has surrendered just five runs - one earned - on 18 hits, while walking 15 and striking out 44.
Coastal Plain League Stories from August 4, 2011
- Steamers Hang on for Wild Win to Take 1-0 Series Lead - Edenton Steamers
- Sharks fall in 11 innings in opening game of CPL Petitt Cup Playoffs - Wilmington Sharks
- Four-Run Eleventh Powers Fayetteville Past Wilmington, 5-1, in Game One - Fayetteville SwampDogs
- HiToms drop game one - High Point-Thomasville HiToms
- Lomascolo Hurls Owls Over Asheboro in Playoff Opener - Forest City Owls
- Wendle and Brenner Honored - Edenton Steamers
- Wilson Broadcaster Will Finish the Season in Kinston - Wilson Tobs
- Tobs to Host Fall High School Baseball - Wilson Tobs
- Mat Batts Named Cpl Pitcher of Week - Wilmington Sharks
- Deighan Ties CPL Career Saves Record - Coastal Plain
- CPL Names Players of the Week for Week Nine - Coastal Plain
- Steamers Set CPL Record for Most Wins in a Half - Coastal Plain
- Diamaduros Finishes as CPL Career Hits and RBI Leader - Coastal Plain
- Steamers Set CPL Record for Wins in a Half - Edenton Steamers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.