NHL Network To Broadcast Three CHL Regular Season Games\March 5, 2010 - Ontario Hockey League (OHL) Press Release
The CHL has been the training grounds for more than half of all NHL players. It is also home to the Home Hardware CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game, where every year top-ranked NHL prospects showcase their talent for NHL scouts and management. NHL stars that have participated in the game include John Tavares, Chris Phillips, Joe Thornton, Vincent Lecavalier, Rick Nash, Marc-Andre Fleury, Patrick Kane, Steven Stamkos and this year's top ranked player at the mid-term, Hall of the Windsor Spitfires.
CHL games on NHL Network U.S. will begin this Sunday with a match-up of Western Hockey League rivals. Led by Los Angeles Kings 2009 draft pick RW Brandon Kozun (94 points), the Eastern Conference-leading Calgary Hitmen will play host to the third-place Saskatoon Blades at 7:00 p.m. ET at the Pengrowth Saddledome.
The next featured game, an OHL clash for first place, features the Western Conference leader and 2009 Memorial Cup champion Windsor Spitfires against the second-place London Knights at 7:00 p.m. ET on March 12. Spitfires LW Hall and D Fowler, the first- and third-ranked North American skaters in the NHL's mid-term rankings for the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, led Team Canada and Team USA, respectively, to the thrilling gold-medal game of the 2010 World Junior Championship in January that was won in overtime by the Americans.
NHL Network U.S. takes viewers to the east coast and the QMJHL on March 14, when the top-ranked Saint John Sea Dogs, led by C Mike Hoffman (drafted 130th overall by the Ottawa Senators in 2009), visit the Moncton Wildcats with top-ranked QMJHL prospect D Brandon Gormley at 7:00 p.m. ET.
The Memorial Cup tournament, which will take place May 14-23 in Brandon, Manitoba, will also be telecast live on NHL Network U.S. Broadcast details and times will be available at a later date.
The NHL Network broadcasts will be using the feed provided by Rogers Sportsnet and RDS, the official broadcast partners of the CHL.
CHL on NHL Network U.S. Broadcast Schedule
Date Game Time
Sunday, March 7 Saskatoon Blades at Calgary Hitmen 7:00 pm ET
Friday, March 12 Windsor Spitfires at London Knights 7:00 pm ET
Sunday, March 14 Saint John Sea Dogs at Moncton Wildcats 7:00 pm ET
Ontario Hockey League Stories from March 5, 2010
- Whalers whitewash the Soo - Plymouth Whalers
- Majors outlast Battalion - Mississauga St. Michael's Majors
- Otters lose tough game to Rangers, 5-2 - Erie Otters
- Morin Nets Three in 5-2 Win Over Otters - Kitchener Rangers
- Scott Timmins Named Precision Jewellers And Windsor Spitfires Player Of The Month For February - Windsor Spitfires
- McKegg Named All Weather Windows OHL Player Of The Month For February - Erie Otters
- OHL Announces Top Performers Of The Month For February - OHL
- NHL Network To Broadcast Three CHL Regular Season Games\ - OHL
- Windsor Spitfires' Playoff Tickets On Sale Starting Monday - Windsor Spitfires
- Attack Fight Back Against Cancer Tomorrow - Owen Sound Attack
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.