Charlotte's Ajinca Assigned To D-League's Maine Red ClawsNovember 30, 2009 - NBA Development League (D-League)
Ajinca, 7-0, has appeared in six games for the Bobcats this season, averaging 1.7 points and 5.0 minutes. Last season, Ajinca appeared in 31 games for Charlotte, averaging 2.3 points, 1.0 rebound and 5.9 minutes before being assigned to Sioux Falls on March 9, 2009 for the remainder of the season.
In 11 games in the NBA D-League last season, Ajinca averaged 11.9 points, 6.8 rebounds and 22.8 minutes. Scoring in double-figures in eight games, Ajinca scored a career-high 19 points in an April 11 home victory over the Anaheim Arsenal at Sioux Falls Arena.
Originally selected in the first round, 20th overall, of the 2008 NBA Draft by the Bobcats, Ajinca played two seasons professionally in his native France prior to entering the NBA Draft. During those two years, he averaged 5.0 points, 3.1 rebounds and 10.8 minutes playing for Hveres-Toulon of the French ProA League.
Ajinca, who is expected to join the Red Claws (1-1) today, will be available on Dec. 4, when Maine plays its first home game against the Springfield Armor (0-2) at the Portland Exposition Building. Tip off is set for 8:00 p.m. ET.
Bobcats fans can follow Ajinca and the rest of the Red Claws by logging onto nba.com/dleague to watch all of the team's games live, online, for free.
NBA Development League Stories from November 30, 2009
- Stampede Bench Lifts Team To Second Home Victory Over Reno Bighorns - Idaho Stampede
- Bighorns Fall To Stampede, 123-104 - Reno Bighorns
- Red Claws Acquire Gilder - Maine Red Claws
- Charlotte Assigns Ajinca - Maine Red Claws
- Charlotte's Ajinca Assigned To D-League's Maine Red Claws - D-League
- Los Angeles D-Fenders Victorious In Home Opener - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Wizards Defeat Skyforce 91-74 In Preseason Rematch - Dakota Wizards
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.