Thunder Signs DudasOctober 28, 2009 - International Hockey League 2 (IHL 2) - Bloomington PrairieThunder
The 21-year-old Dudas was a sixth-round pick, and the 159th overall selection, in the 2006 NHL draft by the Columbus Blue Jackets. The 6-foot-2, 215-pound Dudas has started the last two seasons in the Edmonton Oilers' preseason camp.
He suffered a knee injury in training camp last year and returned late in the season to play 19 games with the Regina Pats of the WHL and five games with the Charlotte Checkers in the ECHL. He had three goals and 11 assists for 14 points in 24 games.
Dudas, a native of St. Albert, Alberta, will wear No. 10 and replace fellow rookie defenseman Armando Scarlato on the PrairieThunder active roster. Scarlato was placed on the 14-day injury list with colitis.
The PrairieThunder returns to action with home games at U.S. Cellular Coliseum on Friday against two-time defending IHL champion Fort Wayne and Saturday against Flint. Both games start at 7:05 p.m.
Tickets for all PrairieThunder games are available at the U.S. Cellular Coliseum box office, calling Ticketmaster at 800-745-3000 or 309-585-0507, ext. 304.
International Hockey League 2 Stories from October 28, 2009
- Mallards Host World'S Largest Indoor Trick-Or-Treat Friday: Free - Quad City Mallards
- Thunder Signs Dudas - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Komet Winger Called Up To AHL's Norfolk; Syroczynski To Miss This Weekend's Komet Games - Fort Wayne Komets
- NHL Anaheim Assigns Bolt To 'Jacks - Muskegon Lumberjacks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.