Canucks re-sign Nathan McIverSeptember 1, 2009 - American Hockey League (AHL) - Manitoba Moose
McIver, 24, appeared 28 games last season with the Moose after being acquired from the Anaheim Ducks in exchange for forward Mike Brown on Feb. 4/09. In that time, he collected two assists and 59 penalty minutes. The Summerside, PEI native also appeared in 18 games with Anaheim last season where he collected his first-ever NHL point (an assist) in his first game as a Duck on Oct. 14/08 vs. Los Angeles. He also collected 36 penalty minutes. As a result, McIver has now played in 36 games in the NHL with Anaheim and Vancouver and has one point and 95 penalty minutes. In 200 career games in four seasons now with the Moose, McIver has scored 18 points (5-13-18) and 461 penalty.
McIver was originally drafted by Vancouver in the eighth round, 245th overall, in the 2003 NHL Entry Draft.
American Hockey League Stories from September 1, 2009
- First Annual Syracuse Crunch Season Ticket Holder Barbeque Turns Into Celebration - Syracuse Crunch
- O'Reilly Signs Two-Year Deal with Predators - Milwaukee Admirals
- San Jose Sharks Re-Sign Free Agent Forward Torrey Mitchell - Worcester Sharks
- Monarchs Care Foundation Host Richie Ladd Memorial Golf Tournament - Manchester Monarchs
- 11th Annual Italian Open Golf Tournament Set for October 12th - Springfield Falcons
- Canucks re-sign Nathan McIver - Manitoba Moose
- Sound Tigers Individual Game Tickets On Sale Saturday Sept. 5 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Hogs Ink Blackhaws Draft Pick Palmer - Rockford IceHogs
- AHL announces front-office promotion - AHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.