The Simpsons Documentary To Visit Isotopes ParkAugust 7, 2009 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) Albuquerque Isotopes
Given the name of the Isotopes and the team's pop-culture ties with "The Simpsons," Isotopes Park is a natural place to film portions of the documentary, and Spurlock will be on hand throughout that day's game with the Tacoma Rainiers to capture "The Simpsons" and baseball fans.
Those interested in taking part in the documentary are invited to come to that day's game, which will begin at 12:05 PM. Fans who would like to submit a Simpsons story that could be used in the documentary are invited to send anecdotes to RealLifeSimpsons@gmail.com.
In "The Simpsons 20th Anniversary Special! In 3-D! On Ice!" Spurlock, who was nominated for an Academy Award in 2005 for his ground-breaking documentary "Super Size Me," will examine the cultural phenomenon of the The Simpsons in his distinctive and innovative style. The special will document how the world sees The Simpsons and how the Simpsons family has seen the world for two decades. The special will air on Thursday, January 14, 2010 on FOX.
The 'Topes continue their eight-game homestand tonight with the Portland Beavers by playing host to Birdzerk! before the team gives away Orbit Banks tomorrow. Tickets for any Isotopes game may be purchased at the Isotopes Park Box Office, at Ticketmaster outlets, by phone at 1-800-745-3000, or on-line at www.albuquerquebaseball.com or www.ticketmaster.com.
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 7, 2009
- Z's Fall in 9th - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Portland Overcomes Albequerque - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Sky Sox Fall to Sounds, 5-2 in Second Game - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Late HRs Push Beavers to Victory - Portland Beavers
- Gulin, Sounds Down Sox In 7-Inning Contest - Nashville Sounds
- Sky Sox Rally Past Sounds In Completion Of Suspended Game - Nashville Sounds
- Aces Fall to Cubs - Reno Aces
- Cubs Pick Up a Win - Iowa Cubs
- Sky Sox Rally For 4-3 Walk Off Win Over Nashville - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Hernandez Shuts Express Down - Round Rock Express
- The Simpsons Documentary To Visit Isotopes Park - Albuquerque Isotopes
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Eric Maynor to Throw Out First Pitch at Tonight's Bees Game - Salt Lake Bees
- Special Perfect Game Presentation Today at Security Service Field - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Nashville Eeks Out 8-7 Win Over Colorado Springs - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Sounds Win Wild One Against Sky Sox, 8-7 - Nashville Sounds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.