Sounds OF Tony Gwynn Traded To PadresMay 21, 2009 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) - Nashville Sounds Press Release
A San Diego native, Gwynn will be joining the organization for which his Hall of Fame father played for 20-plus seasons. He batted .309 (47-for-152) with nine RBIs in 38 games for the Sounds and currently ranks 2nd in the minors with a team-leading 34 runs scored & is tied for 4th in the PCL with 15 stolen bases.
Gwynn hit safely in 15 of his final 17 contests at a .343 clip (24-for-70), including multiple-hit efforts in seven of his final 14 games.
Gerut will report to the Brewers tomorrow in Minneapolis, at which time a corresponding roster move will be made at the Major League level to accommodate his arrival.
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 21, 2009
- Z's win in Reno - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Round Rock holds off Colorado, 3-2 - Round Rock Express
- Cubs downed by Fresno - Iowa Cubs
- Beavers Reinstate Sinisi From Disabled List - Portland Beavers
- Sounds OF Tony Gwynn Traded To Padres - Nashville Sounds
- OKC RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Online Fan Voting Continues for 2009 Cricket Wireless Triple-A All-star Game - Portland Beavers
- Online Fan Voting Returns For The 2009 Cricket Wireless Triple-A All-Star Game - PCL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.