Wet grounds postpone Rattlers, BanditsApril 26, 2009 - Midwest League (MWL) - Quad Cities River Bandits Press Release
After severe thunderstorms hammered the Quad Cities overnight and returned in the morning, the River Bandits grounds crew worked tirelessly to prepare the field for baseball. But after a delay of slightly more than one hour the game was officially postponed due to standing water in the outfield.
The rainout will be made up as part of a doubleheader on Monday beginning at 11:00 a.m.
UP NEXT: The homestand continues on Monday with an 11:00 a.m. doubleheader on Book Buddies Day while an Economic Stimulus Tuesday follows, featuring 2-for-1 tickets, FREE dinner for kids 12 and under, and a Snakes on a Field theme in honor of the visiting Wisconsin Timber Rattlers! The South Bend Silver Hawks come to town on Wednesday for Guaranteed Prize WINS-day presented by Rhythm City Casino, and fans will enjoy $2 draft beer and fountain Pepsi products on a Thirst-day Thursday. Lastly, the homestand will conclude with a Baseball Air Freshener Giveaway courtesy of Midas and a post-game fireworks extravaganza on a Fireworks Friday!
ABOUT THE BANDITS: Under new ownership and management in 2008, the Quad Cities River Bandits topped 207,000 fans for only the sixth time in team history and the first time in 12 years. Having recently completed one of the most successful seasons in the history of the franchise - and with a renewed dedication to fans, sponsors and the Quad Cities community - the return of the River Bandits has brought a resurgence of support for the team. BanditWear, season tickets and mini-plans, and individual game tickets are on sale for the 2009 season by calling (563) 3-BANDIT or heading to www.RiverBandits.com. But hurry - good seats are going fast!
Midwest League Stories from April 26, 2009
- Loons Earn Split of Doubleheader - Great Lakes Loons
- Whitecaps Pound Lansing, Sweep Doubleheader - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Whitecaps Sweep Lugnuts, 3-1 and 4-2 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Cougars Sweep Doubleheader - Kane County Cougars
- Harrison Triples, Chiefs Pass Kernels 8-7 on Sunday - Peoria Chiefs
- Dragons Return Favor in 8-1 Win - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Wet grounds postpone Rattlers, Bandits - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Stovall, Fairel Lift Dragons to 8-1 Win - Dayton Dragons
- Rattlers Rained Out In Iowa - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Talley Activated - Lansing Lugnuts
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.