Lesperance called up to AHL's Sound TigersSeptember 30, 2008 - Central Hockey League (CHL) - Odessa Jackalopes
Lesperance recently arrived in Odessa, and had begun skating with teammates prior to the start of Jackalopes training camp which is officially scheduled to begin on October 6th. The Jacks already have defensemen Russ Moyer and forward Jean Bourbeau at the Sound Tiger's camp. They will now joined by their teammate.
"It's pretty exciting," said Lesperance, "Whatever they want me to do I'll do it. I just want to try and make the most of this opportunity."
Injuries with the Sound Tigers are the reason for Lesperance moving up to the AHL level. He is expected to play in the Sound Tigers exhibition game at Albany on Wednesday night.
Jackalopes' head coach Paul Gillis, assistant coach Matt Cressman, general manager Joe Clark, and co-owner Rick Gasser are all currently in Bridgeport observing players in the Sound Tigers camp.
The Jacks also have forward Jeff Pierce participating in camp with the AHL's Quad City Flames.
The Odessa Jackalopes are the Central Hockey League affiliate for the NHL's New York Islanders and the AHL's Bridgeport Sound Tigers. The team will begin its 12th season on October 17th against the defending champion Arizona Sundogs. Season tickets, mini-plans, and single game tickets are available by calling (432) 552-PUCK or visiting jackalopes.org.
Central Hockey League Stories from September 30, 2008
- RiverKings Add Kubaliak To Blue Line - Mississippi RiverKings
- Sundogs Ink Two More Prior to Start of Training Camp - Arizona Sundogs
- Brahmas Bring Back Kinnunen And Davis - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Cooper Attending AHL Training Camp - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Defenseman Frick inks with Gorillas - Amarillo Gorillas
- Bucks Pre-Season Tickets Now On Sale, Just $5 - Laredo Bucks
- Lesperance called up to AHL's Sound Tigers - Odessa Jackalopes
- Gorillas single game tickets go on sale Wednesday - Amarillo Gorillas
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.