Pirates' Miller named Rbk/AHL Player of the WeekJanuary 14, 2008 - American Hockey League (AHL)
Miller began the week with a hat trick - his first career multiple-goal game - plus an assist in Portland's 5-3 win at Bridgeport on Wednesday night. He then had a goal and an assist to help the Pirates to a 6-5 victory over Albany on Friday, and another goal in a 4-0 win over league-leading Providence on Saturday. Miller wrapped up the week with an assist as Portland defeated Lowell on Sunday, 5-1.
In recognition of his achievement, Miller will be presented with an etched crystal award prior to an upcoming Pirates home game.
A 2003 draft pick by the Anaheim Ducks, Miller has recorded five goals and five assists for 10 points in seven games for Portland this season while also appearing in 25 NHL games with Anaheim, registering two goals and three assists. Miller, 23, made his NHL debut during the 2007 postseason and helped the Ducks to their first Stanley Cup championship. The native of Dover, N.J., notched 36 points (16g, 20a) in 79 games as a rookie with Portland in 2006-07.
Other nominees for Rbk/AHL Player of the Week include Albany left wing Brandon Nolan, Binghamton left wing Greg Mauldin, Bridgeport right wing Kyle Okposo, Chicago center Bryan Little, Grand Rapids center Mark Cullen, Hartford left wing Dane Byers, Hershey right wing Andrew Gordon, Houston goaltender Nolan Schaefer, Iowa right wing Konstantin Pushkarev, Lake Erie right wing Brad Richardson, Lowell left wing Patrick Davis, Manchester goaltender Daniel Taylor, Manitoba center Brad Moran, Milwaukee center Rich Peverley, Norfolk defenseman Dan Jancevski, Peoria center Yan Stastny, Philadelphia right wing Stefan Ruzicka, Providence goaltender Jordan Sigalet, Quad City center Grant Stevenson, Rochester defenseman Marc-Andre Gragnani, Rockford center Martin St. Pierre, Syracuse goaltender Adam Munro, Wilkes-Barre/Scranton center Mark Letestu and Worcester right wing Devin Setoguchi.
American Hockey League Stories from January 14, 2008
- Portland Pirates Weekly Report - Portland Pirates
- Blues Assign Toivonen To Rivermen, Schwarz to Blues - Peoria Rivermen
- All-Star Classic to reach more than 100 million homes - AHL
- San Antonio Rampage weekly - San Antonio Rampage
- Bulldogs Host Rivermen Tomorrow Night Before Road Trip To Texas This Weekend - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Rochester Visits Van Andel Arena for Two - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Phantoms Weekly Notes - Adirondack Phantoms
- Harrold And Purcell Get The Call From The Kings - Manchester Monarchs
- Albany Splits Four-Game Week Amidst More NHL Call Ups - Albany River Rats
- Flames On Home Ice Three Times This Week - Abbotsford Heat
- Canada Trust Smiles on Ice' game January 25th - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Amerks Kick Off Four-Game Road Swing Wednesday - Rochester Americans
- Munro Makes Strong Return - Syracuse Crunch
- Wolf Pack Weekly - Connecticut Whale
- Penguins On The Road Again - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- "Shoot to Win" A New 2008 Pontiac Solstice Courtesy of Diamond Chevrolet - Worcester Sharks
- Crunch Announce Details of U.S. Army High School 'Recruits of the Week' - Syracuse Crunch
- Pirates' Miller named Rbk/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Three Game Sweep Puts The Hogs Back On Top Of The West - Rockford IceHogs
- Stars Return for Longest Home Stand of the Season - Iowa Chops
- Houston Aeros weekly update - Houston Aeros
- Monarchs Swap Players With Reading - Manchester Monarchs
- Texas Takes A Toll On Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Admirals Continue Five-Game Homestand This Week - Norfolk Admirals
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- First Shutout In Franchise History Highlights Weekend - Worcester Sharks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.