Birds End Sixth Game Skid With 14-1 Pounding of HagerstownAugust 29, 2007 - South Atlantic League (SAL) - Delmarva Shorebirds Press Release
David Cash had two extra base hits and four RBI to lead Delmarva offensively and five other Shorebirds had multi hit games. Todd Davison had three hits, two RBI and scored three runs for the Birds. Billy Rowell had three hits as well and scored twice. Michael Pierce, Victor Castillo and Danny Figueroa had two hits apiece. Castillo drove in two and Pierce hit a solo blast in the third inning, his fifth of the season.
Left handed pitcher Cole McCurry made his Shorebirds debut going six shutout innings allowing just two hits and striking out four to pick up the win. Mick Mattaliano also made his debut with Delmarva, coming out of the bullpen throwing two shutout innings with a strikeout. Bruce Galloway pitched the ninth inning allowing the Suns only run with two outs on a single from Trevor Lawhorn, who was 2-4.
The Birds evened the current series at a game apiece and the season series with the Suns at 14 games with the final meeting Thursday night at 7:05pm. Delmarva's Zach Clark (2-3, 3.35 ERA) will make his final start of the season and Hagerstown will send Chris Lugo (2-5, 5.60 ERA) to the hill.
South Atlantic League Stories from August 29, 2007
- Sand Gnats Blank Braves - Rome Braves
- Monasterios Leads 'Claws to 5-3 Win - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Birds End Sixth Game Skid With 14-1 Pounding of Hagerstown - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Shorebirds knock off Suns 14-1 - Hagerstown Suns
- Former Suns Still Shining At Higher Level - Hagerstown Suns
- RiverDogs Round Third, Headed for Home - Charleston RiverDogs
- Former Suns Still Shining - Hagerstown Suns
- BlueClaws Game Jerseys Up for Auction - Lakewood BlueClaws
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.