Quincy Carter returns with a vengeanceJune 16, 2007 - arenafootball2 (af2) - Bossier-Shreveport Battle Wings Press Release
Corpus Christi led once in the game, 7-6 in the first quarter. Carter led the Battlewings to touchdowns on every first half possession. At halftime, Bossier-Shreveport led 45-14. Jason Schule, who leads af2 in rushing touchdowns, ran for one score. Chris Ibezam had a fumble recovery for a touchdown on a Corpus Christi kick-off return. Marvin Byrdsong also scored when he hit Sharks quarterback John De Los Santos on a pass attempt, forced a fumble, then picked up the ball and scampered 26 yards for the final touchdown of the night. The 81 points scored is the second-most in franchise history, topped only by an 82-point performance in 2001. Carter was named offensive player of the game. Defensive honors went to defensive end Elex Reed, who added to his league-leading sack total by getting to De Los Santos once in the game. Reed also recovered a fumble.
The BattleWings improve to 9-2 on the season, while Corpus Christi falls to 1-9.
arenafootball2 Stories from June 16, 2007
- Dawgz' streak comes to a close - Oklahoma City Yard Dawgz
- Fusion "D" Dominates in 52-34 Road Win Over Fire - Fort Wayne Fusion
- Shock fall to Fever 39-34 - Spokane Shock
- Twisters Ride Big First Quarter to Win - Arkansas Diamonds
- Quad City Steamwheelers Thunder Struck 63-34 by Mahoning Valley - Quad City Steamwheelers
- Quincy Carter returns with a vengeance - Bossier-Shreveport Battle Wings
- Fire fall to Fusion - Louisville Fire
- Firecats Whip Wolves 49-27 - Florida Firecats
- Thunder defeat Quad City Steamwheelers 63-34 - Mahoning Valley Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.