Ohio acquires Danny Markowitz from Tri-CityJanuary 2, 2007 - United States Hockey League (USHL) Ohio Junior Blue Jackets
"Danny should help us move the puck up the ice better, with his passing and good skating ability," said Harkins. "With Markowitz and Denny Urban (Injured Reserve), our skill level on defense is much improved. We are starting to add depth to our team and that creates competition with players fighting for ice time."
Markowitz (6-0, 175, Jericho, N.Y.) comes to the Junior Blue Jackets after recording 0-1-1 with four penalty minutes in seven games with the Storm this season. He has committed to play collegiate hockey at Dartmouth College in either 2007 or 2008.
He is expected to join the team this week and be available Friday at Des Moines. The Junior Blue Jackets face the Buccaneers Saturday as well, before returning home to host the Tri-City Storm at Nationwide Arena Jan. 13-14.
Ohio Junior Blue Jackets individual game tickets for 2006-07 regular season home games are on sale now at Nationwide Arena, The Chiller Ice Rinks, all Ticketmaster Ticket Centers and click here for information on season tickets, mini-plans and group tickets, call (614) 246-PUCK or (800) NHL-COLS.
United States Hockey League Stories from January 2, 2007
- Storm game rescheduled - Tri-City Storm
- RoughRiders Coach's Show Returns Tomorrow Night at 6:00 on AM-1360 The Fan - Cedar Rapids RoughRiders
- Cedar Rapids RoughRiders Weekly Update - Cedar Rapids RoughRiders
- Stampede Host Sioux City this Friday - Sioux Falls Stampede
- USHL names players of the week - USHL
- Tony Stewart races into Pepsi Coliseum - Indiana Ice
- Ice open up '07 with division rivalries - Indiana Ice
- Ohio acquires Danny Markowitz from Tri-City - Ohio Junior Blue Jackets
- USA Today at Storm game Friday - Tri-City Storm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.