'Dogs hold on to down AmerksDecember 26, 2006 - American Hockey League (AHL) Hamilton Bulldogs
Hamilton opened the scoring at 16:23 of the first period when Ajay Baines scored his sixth goal of the season. Baines poked at a loose puck in the Rochester crease and finally buried a backhand shot to give the Bulldogs a 1-0 lead. Jonathan Ferland and Francis Lemieux earned assists on the goal.
Duncan Milroy notched his team-leading 13th goal of the season to give the Bulldogs a 2-0 lead at 4:40 of the second period. Mikhail Grabovski broke down the right wing on the power play and had his initial shot stopped by Amerks netminder Craig Anderson before Milroy picked up the rebound and found the back of the net.
The 'Dogs took a three-goal lead when Corey Locke one-timed a Matt D'Agostini pass into the top corner of the Rochester net. Locke's goal, his ninth of the season, came at 6:23 of the middle stanza and made the score 3-0.
Rochester got on the scoreboard at 2:55 of the third period when Mike Funk posted a power-play goal to cut Hamilton's lead to 3-1. Funk took a pass from Dylan Hunter in the slot and let a wrist shot go that beat 'Dogs netminder Yann Danis on the stick side.
The Amerks then pulled within a goal when Stefan Meyer tallied his sixth marker of the season, but that would be as close as Rochester would get as the Bulldogs held on for a 3-2 win. Kamil Kreps and Greg Jacina added helpers on the Meyer goal.
Danis turned aside 29 of 32 shots for the Bulldogs, picking up his 10th win of the season. At the other end of the ice, Anderson made 20 saves on 23 shots and suffered the loss for the Americans.
Game Notes: Nine different Bulldogs each had one point in the game ... Forward Maxim Lapierre has the flu and did not dress for the game.
The Bulldogs return to action tomorrow night (December 27th) at 7:30 p.m. when the Manitoba Moose visit Copps Coliseum. Tickets for all 'Dogs home games (except home game #32) are available at the Copps Coliseum Box Office, any Ticketmaster outlet, online at www.ticketmaster.ca, or through charge-by-phone at 905-527-7666. Fans can listen to the game live on the flagship station of the Hamilton Bulldogs Hockey Network, 820 CHAM "The Legend," beginning with the Park's Furniture Pre-Game Show at 7:10 p.m. Fans can also listen or watch at www.hamiltonbulldogs.com by clicking on the 'B2 Networks' or '820 CHAM' icon on the 'Dogs website.
American Hockey League Stories from December 26, 2006
- Rampage rally falls short - San Antonio Rampage
- Stars win third straight - Iowa Chops
- Houston survives late goal - Houston Aeros
- Senators cruise past Crunch, 4-2 - Binghamton Senators
- Peoria Powers Past Griffins, 4-3 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Wolf Pack Recall Lee, Bahensky and Constant from Charlotte - Connecticut Whale
- Phantoms upend Penguins - Adirondack Phantoms
- Hershey Beats Sound Tigers - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Rivermen Power Through Grand Rapids 4-3 on the Road - Peoria Rivermen
- Bears back in first place after downing Bridgeport, 6-3 - Hershey Bears
- 'Dogs hold on to down Amerks - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Pair called up to New York - Connecticut Whale
- Hamilton Bulldogs weekly - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Phantoms week in review - Adirondack Phantoms
- Portland Pirates Weekly Report - Portland Pirates
- Rampage sign Ferraro, Paddock to PTO - San Antonio Rampage
- Admirals Keep Pace Near Top of Tight East Division Race - Norfolk Admirals
- Oilers send Roy back to Bulldogs and recall Hejda - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Rochester hosts Hamilton tonight - Rochester Americans
- Bears' Laing named CCM Vector/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Lowell Splits the Week - Albany Devils
- Rampage Week 12 Report - San Antonio Rampage
- Sound Tigers News - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Monarchs Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Binghamton Senators weekly - Binghamton Senators
- Bears begin five games in six nights Tuesday - Hershey Bears
- Ellis Returns to Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Flames Recall Regehr, Moss From Knights - Abbotsford Heat
- Worcester signs Prudden to Professional Tryout Agreement - Worcester Sharks
- Flames Send Ference, Germyn to Knights - Abbotsford Heat
- Aeros Gameday - Houston Aeros
- Sharks Look to Ring in New Year with "Bang" - Worcester Sharks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.