Pair called up to New YorkDecember 26, 2006 - American Hockey League (AHL) - Connecticut Whale Press Release
Ortmeyer, 28, registered one goal and two assists, along with a plus-two rating in five games with Hartford (AHL) after being sent to the Wolf Pack on December 12 on a conditioning loan, allowed for players who have had long-term illnesses. The 6-0, 197-pound forward was cleared for contact in practice on November 24 after medical testing showed he was ready to take the next step in his recovery from a pulmonary embolism that was diagnosed on August 13, 2006. In 2005-06, Ortmeyer skated in 78 games with the Rangers, registering five goals and two assists, along with 38 penalty minutes. He ranked first among team forwards and seventh among all NHL forwards with 75 blocked shots.
Lampman, 24, has appeared in 28 games with Hartford this season, registering three goals and five assists for eight points, along with a plus-four rating and 36 penalty minutes. His plus-four rating currently ranks third on the team. In 2005-06, the 6-1, 205-pound defenseman suffered a dislocated left shoulder on November 20 against Portland and was forced to miss a majority of the season. Prior to the injury, he collected two goals and three assists in 11 games with the Wolf Pack.
Isbister, 29, registered one goal in two games with the Rangers after being recalled from Hartford on December 20. Prior to his recall, the 6-4, 231-pound forward appeared in 17 AHL games with the Hartford Wolf Pack and Albany River Rats, registering four goals and five assists, along with 56 penalty minutes. In eight games with Hartford, he collected one goal and two penalty minutes after being acquired by the Rangers from Carolina on November 21, in exchange for the rights to Jakub Petruzalek and a conditional fifth round pick in the 2008 NHL Entry Draft.
The NHL's New York Rangers hockey club, currently in its 81st year of operation, is part of Madison Square Garden, L.P. Madison Square Garden, L.P. is owned by Cablevision Systems Corporation, and includes the New York Knicks (NBA); the New York Rangers (NHL); the New York Liberty (WNBA); the Hartford Wolf Pack (American Hockey League); MSG Entertainment; MSG Media, which is comprised of MSG and FSN New York; and the Madison Square Garden arena complex, located in the heart of the New York metropolitan area.
American Hockey League Stories from December 26, 2006
- Rampage rally falls short - San Antonio Rampage
- Stars win third straight - Iowa Chops
- Houston survives late goal - Houston Aeros
- Senators cruise past Crunch, 4-2 - Binghamton Senators
- Peoria Powers Past Griffins, 4-3 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Wolf Pack Recall Lee, Bahensky and Constant from Charlotte - Connecticut Whale
- Phantoms upend Penguins - Adirondack Phantoms
- Hershey Beats Sound Tigers - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Rivermen Power Through Grand Rapids 4-3 on the Road - Peoria Rivermen
- Bears back in first place after downing Bridgeport, 6-3 - Hershey Bears
- 'Dogs hold on to down Amerks - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Pair called up to New York - Connecticut Whale
- Hamilton Bulldogs weekly - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Phantoms week in review - Adirondack Phantoms
- Portland Pirates Weekly Report - Portland Pirates
- Rampage sign Ferraro, Paddock to PTO - San Antonio Rampage
- Admirals Keep Pace Near Top of Tight East Division Race - Norfolk Admirals
- Oilers send Roy back to Bulldogs and recall Hejda - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Rochester hosts Hamilton tonight - Rochester Americans
- Bears' Laing named CCM Vector/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Lowell Splits the Week - Albany Devils
- Rampage Week 12 Report - San Antonio Rampage
- Sound Tigers News - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Monarchs Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Binghamton Senators weekly - Binghamton Senators
- Bears begin five games in six nights Tuesday - Hershey Bears
- Ellis Returns to Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Flames Recall Regehr, Moss From Knights - Abbotsford Heat
- Worcester signs Prudden to Professional Tryout Agreement - Worcester Sharks
- Flames Send Ference, Germyn to Knights - Abbotsford Heat
- Aeros Gameday - Houston Aeros
- Sharks Look to Ring in New Year with "Bang" - Worcester Sharks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.