Flames Send Ference, Germyn to KnightsDecember 26, 2006 - American Hockey League (AHL) - Abbotsford Heat Press Release
Ference was recalled on December 16 and played in four games with the Flames. He earned no points and two penalty minutes. Ference was signed by the Flames in July of 2006. The Calgary native is in eighth professional season after being drafted by Florida in the first round, tenth overall, in the 1997 Entry Draft. In 26 games with the Ak-Sar-Ben Knights this season, he has a goal and nine assists for ten points and a team-leading 81 penalty minutes. He ranks second in defenseman scoring.
Germyn appeared in his first NHL game of the season on Saturday in San Jose. He returns to the Knights in fourth place in team scoring with eight goals and ten assists for 18 points and 64 penalty minutes. Now in his fourth professional season, Germyn was the Knights' leading goal scorer and second leading point getter last season, earning 24 goals and 31 assists for 55 points. He also made his NHL debut with the Flames on April 1, 2006 at Edmonton. He played in two NHL games during that recall. Germyn was signed by the Flames as a free agent in July of 2004 following his first professional season with the Norfolk Admirals of the AHL.
Tonight's game at Iowa begins a hectic stretch of eight games in eleven days for the Ak-Sar-Ben Knights. They'll play five of those games this week. Following tonight's game, the Knights will travel to San Antonio for a game tomorrow night at 7:00 p.m. They return home to host Iowa on Friday and Peoria on Saturday. Both games begin at 7:00 p.m. They'll finish the week on Sunday when they visit Iowa for a 7:35 p.m. start.
Tickets for all Ak-Sar-Ben Knights' games are on sale at the Omaha Civic Auditorium box office Monday through Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Tickets also are available through all Ticketmaster outlets and by phone at (402) 422-1212. Kids 12 and under get in free with a paid adult on tickets purchased after 5:00 p.m. Other restrictions apply.
American Hockey League Stories from December 26, 2006
- Rampage rally falls short - San Antonio Rampage
- Stars win third straight - Iowa Chops
- Houston survives late goal - Houston Aeros
- Senators cruise past Crunch, 4-2 - Binghamton Senators
- Peoria Powers Past Griffins, 4-3 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Wolf Pack Recall Lee, Bahensky and Constant from Charlotte - Connecticut Whale
- Phantoms upend Penguins - Adirondack Phantoms
- Hershey Beats Sound Tigers - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Rivermen Power Through Grand Rapids 4-3 on the Road - Peoria Rivermen
- Bears back in first place after downing Bridgeport, 6-3 - Hershey Bears
- 'Dogs hold on to down Amerks - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Pair called up to New York - Connecticut Whale
- Hamilton Bulldogs weekly - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Phantoms week in review - Adirondack Phantoms
- Portland Pirates Weekly Report - Portland Pirates
- Rampage sign Ferraro, Paddock to PTO - San Antonio Rampage
- Admirals Keep Pace Near Top of Tight East Division Race - Norfolk Admirals
- Oilers send Roy back to Bulldogs and recall Hejda - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Rochester hosts Hamilton tonight - Rochester Americans
- Bears' Laing named CCM Vector/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Lowell Splits the Week - Albany Devils
- Rampage Week 12 Report - San Antonio Rampage
- Sound Tigers News - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Monarchs Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Binghamton Senators weekly - Binghamton Senators
- Bears begin five games in six nights Tuesday - Hershey Bears
- Ellis Returns to Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Flames Recall Regehr, Moss From Knights - Abbotsford Heat
- Worcester signs Prudden to Professional Tryout Agreement - Worcester Sharks
- Flames Send Ference, Germyn to Knights - Abbotsford Heat
- Aeros Gameday - Houston Aeros
- Sharks Look to Ring in New Year with "Bang" - Worcester Sharks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.