D.C. United Trades GK Doug Warren to New EnglandJanuary 20, 2005 - Major League Soccer (MLS) D.C. United
Warren was originally drafted by United in the second round (14th overall) of the 2003 SuperDraft out of Clemson University. He started the 2003 season as the backup to Nick Rimando, but was thrust into the starting lineup after Rimando suffered a knee injury on September 25. He made five appearances (four starts) during the regular season, posting a 1.34 goals against average.
In the 2004 season, Warren appeared in one game for the Black-and-Red, playing the full 90 minutes in a 3-2 loss to the MetroStars at Giants Stadium on April 14th.
Major League Soccer Stories from January 20, 2005
- D.C. United Trades GK Doug Warren to New England - D.C. United
- FC Dallas Releases Statement Regarding Transfer of Cory Gibbs to Feyenoord of Holland - FC Dallas
- New England acquires goalkeeper Doug Warren - New England Revolution
- Brown Inks New Deal with MLS, Fire - Chicago Fire
- MetroStars Promote Four Staff Members - New York Red Bulls
- D.C. United GK Troy Perkins Joins Bolton for Training Assignment - D.C. United
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.