"X-Men" survive Twisters
Little Rock, AR-The Memphis Xplorers of the af2 defeated the Arkansas Twisters 35-33 at the ALLTEL Arena in Little Rock. With the win Memphis moved to 8-1 on the season.
The Xplorers had a 21 point lead in the first half, before Arkansas cut the margin to two points at 28-26 in the fourth quarter. Twisters Head Coach John Gregory elected to go for the two-point conversion and was unsuccessful. Memphis was able to push the lead to nine, before Arkansas scored in the closing minutes. With only one timeout left in the game, the Twisters were unable to stop Memphis from running out the clock.
The Offensive MVP was Memphis quarterback Brian Jones. Jones had ten carries for 41 yards and three rushing touchdowns. He also completed 15-29 passes for 231 yards and one touchdown.
Twisters starting quarterback Travis Motley was pulled in the first half after he threw three interceptions. One of the picks went to Terrance Quattlebaum who ran 39 yards the other direction for the score.
The ADT Defensive Player of the Game was Arkansas CJ McLain. The Army Ironman was former Xplorer and current Twister Robert Kilow.
Memphis returns home for a rematch with the Quad City Steamwheelers. Game time is 7:05pm Saturday night at the DeSoto Civic Center. Single game tickets start as low as $7 and can be purchased by calling 662-280-9120, visiting the DeSoto Civic Center box office, or by logging onto www.TicketMaster,com today. Memphis Xplorers Arena Football! Back in Black!
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from June 5, 2005
- Yard Dawgz roll over Dorados - Oklahoma City Yard Dawgz
- "X-Men" survive Twisters - Memphis Xplorers
- Florida win battle of 'Cats and 'Dogs - Florida Firecats
- Steamwheelers snap four game losing streak, roll over Louisville 47-41 - Quad City Steamwheelers
- Coyotes come up short 54-53 - Central Valley Coyotes
- Blitz "Kaned" by Claunch and the Riptide, 59-54 - Bakersfield Blitz
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.