Wranglers opener televised in five states
AUSTIN, TX - The Austin Wranglers kick off their third season on Friday, January 27 at 7:30 p.m. against the Las Vegas Gladiators. The game will be televised on Fox Sports Net Southwest (FSN) with Kevin Eschenfelder providing the play-by-play and Gary Reasons with the color commentary.
Four other Wranglers regular season games will be seen on FSN, including Wranglers away games at Arizona (Feb. 3) and Dallas (Feb. 17), along with two more home games against
New York (Mar. 12) and Orlando (Mar. 25).
The Wranglers games on FSN Southwest will be seen throughout Texas, in addition to Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma and New Mexico.
The AFL's 20th season begins this weekend with five television broadcasts, including
FSN's coverage of Utah at San Jose on Saturday night, along with the Wranglers telecast on Friday.
NBC continues its AFL coverage which can be seen locally on KXAN in Austin and this weekend features Chicago at Colorado. The AFL on NBC will again televise regular season games every Sunday, all post-season games and ArenaBowl XX. However, no AFL games will be broadcast during the NBC-televised Winter Olympics.
The exciting sounds of the Austin Wranglers can be heard on AM 1300 -The Zone, which will broadcast all 16 regular season games. The broadcasts will consist of a 15-minute pre-game show, the game in its entirety as well as a 15-minute post-game show.
Home games will feature The Zone's Erin Hogan as the play-by-play voice of the Wranglers, accompanied by Bucky Godbolt providing color commentary with Kevin Dunn as the sideline reporter. For away games, Wranglers Director of Broadcasting Kent Koen provides the play-by-play with color commentary by Wranglers General Manager Glyn Milburn.
In addition to the games, The Zone also airs "The Skip Foster Show" with hosts Bucky Godbolt and Wranglers' Koen, which is broadcast on Monday nights at 7 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the Arena Football League (1987-2008) message board...
Arena Football League (1987-2008) Stories from January 25, 2006
- Gladiators travel to Austin to open 2006 season - Las Vegas Gladiators
- Wranglers opener televised in five states - Austin Wranglers
- Tampa Bay Storm game notes - Tampa Bay Storm
- Colorado and Chicago clash as Arena Football League's 20th season kicks off - AFL I
- Georgia Force game notes - Georgia Force
- The OSC Interview: New York Dragons Assistant Coach Chad Lindsey - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
- Soul release Philadelphia native Crespina - Philadelphia Soul
- Austin Wranglers game notes - Austin Wranglers
- Rush signs three to practice squad - Chicago Rush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.