Soul release Philadelphia native Crespina
PHILADELPHIA - The Philadelphia Soul announced today they have released veteran WR/DB Keita Crespina. The Soul have also signed WR/LB Aaron Boone to the practice squad and placed WR/DB Yandon Brantley on injured reserve.
Crespina (5'8", 185, Temple) was an eight-year veteran of the AFL and entered training camp with the Soul as one of only three players (Sean Scott and Dwayne Missouri) who began the inaugural season with the Soul in 2004. In 2005, he played in 12 games and caught 11 passes for 141 yards with two touchdowns. On defense, Crespina tallied 25.5 tackles, one interception and two pass break ups. The former Owl was a member of the ArenaBowl Champion Tampa Bay Storm in 2003.
Boone (6'2", 207, Kentucky) was signed to the team's practice squad after going through training camp with the Soul. Prior to joining the Soul, he led NFL Europe in receptions (43) as a member of the Berlin Thunder in 2005 and went on to play in his second World Bowl Championship game in two seasons. He also ranked second in the League in receiving yards (582), second in touchdowns (5), fifth in points scored (30) and led the League in special teams tackles with 13.5. Following the season, he went to training camp with the Carolina Panthers of the NFL. In 2004, Boone was a member of the Thunder's World Bowl Championship team after catching 13 passes for 221 yards with four touchdowns during the regular season.
Brantley (6'0", 195, Duquesne) was acquired by the Soul earlier this week in a trade with the San Jose SaberCats for future considerations and will be placed on the injured reserve. While with the SaberCats, he was on the active roster in seven games.
The Soul kickoff their third season in the AFL on January 29, 2006 when they
host the Tampa Bay Storm at the Wachovia Center. Kickoff is set for 3:00
p.m. Season tickets for the Soul's 2006 season are on sale now. Tickets
start as low as $96. For more information call (888) PHIL-AFL or log on to
• Discuss this story on the Arena Football League (1987-2008) message board...
Arena Football League (1987-2008) Stories from January 25, 2006
- Gladiators travel to Austin to open 2006 season - Las Vegas Gladiators
- Wranglers opener televised in five states - Austin Wranglers
- Tampa Bay Storm game notes - Tampa Bay Storm
- Colorado and Chicago clash as Arena Football League's 20th season kicks off - AFL I
- Georgia Force game notes - Georgia Force
- The OSC Interview: New York Dragons Assistant Coach Chad Lindsey - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
- Soul release Philadelphia native Crespina - Philadelphia Soul
- Austin Wranglers game notes - Austin Wranglers
- Rush signs three to practice squad - Chicago Rush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.