Wolves Snap Bugs Win Streak
The Shreveport Mudbugs (14-3-2) fell to the New Mexico Ice Wolves, 5-1 for their first loss in regulation at George's Pond in Hirsch Coliseum Friday night.
New Mexico got on the board just 56 seconds into the game when Spencer Rudrud threw in his eighth goal of the year in the slot to give the Ice Wolves the early 1-0 lead. Shreveport generated plenty of scoring chances in the latter half of the 1st period, but couldn't beat Owen Parker in net for New Mexico. The Ice Wolves led in SOG, 12-6 after one period of play.
The Wolves added to their lead in the 2nd period at 9:32 when Cole Hanson poked home his ninth tally of the season in front to make it a 2-0 contest. The Bugs responded late in the 2nd period when Billy Feczko wired home his fifth of the season from the slot assisted by Braiden Dorfman and Austin Brimmer to make it a 2-1 deficit. Wolves led in SOG, 21-20 after two.
The Mudbugs wouldn't get much closer in the third period as Nikolai Dulak scored a pair of tallies sandwiched in by a goal from Dillian Bentley to complete a 5-1 win for the New Mexico Ice Wolves.
Shreveport suffered their first loss in regulation at George's Pond in Hirsch Coliseum.
The Bugs and Ice Wolves will conclude their three-game series tomorrow night at George's Pond in Hirsch Coliseum. Puck drop is scheduled for 7:11 p.m. â
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from January 16, 2021
- Jets Sweep Past Wilderness in Cross-Division Series - Janesville Jets
- Tomahawks Bring Back Win to Johnstown - Johnstown Tomahawks
- Berkeliev Steals Game in Titans 4-2 Win over Tomahawks - New Jersey Titans
- Jackalopes Fall in Close Game to Brahmas 3-1 - Odessa Jackalopes
- Wings Shut out Norsemen 6-0 Friday - Aberdeen Wings
- Wolves Snap Bugs Win Streak - Shreveport Mudbugs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Shreveport Mudbugs Stories
- Bugs Rout Bulls
- Bugs Drop Fourth Straight at Home
- Bulls Sneak by Bugs in Shootout
- Sergeyev's 63 Saves Helps Shreveport Get Past Amarillo
- Bugs Beat Jacks and Snap Losing Streak