Winnipeg ICE and Domino's Pizza Launch Virtual Food Drive in Support of Siloam Mission
Winnipeg, MB - The Winnipeg ICE and Domino's Pizza have teamed up again to launch a Virtual Food Drive in support of Siloam Mission to provide meals for those most in need in the Winnipeg community.
Last year, the Winnipeg ICE hosted the Regina Pats on November 9th, 2020 for the annual food drive game where fans were encouraged to bring non-perishable food items to donate. Fans who donated were then entered into a draw to win free pizza for a year courtesy of Domino's Pizza.
This year's food drive will look a little different due to COVID-19. The ICE are asking for monetary donations in lieu of physical food items in order to help The Siloam Mission safely purchase and provide meals for those in need in Winnipeg. Every $5.00 donated equals the equivalent of one meal provided to a person in need.
"We are so thankful to the Winnipeg ICE and Domino's Pizza for finding a creative way to help provide for those experiencing homelessness this year!" Said Jim Bell, CEO, Siloam Mission, "Your support will help provide meals and care for some of the most vulnerable in our community."
This year, Domino's Pizza is offering two specific deals to help fundraise for the Virtual Food Drive starting on January 21 and ending on January 31. ICE fans can use promo code 'SILOAM1' for two medium pizzas with five toppings each or promo code 'SILOAM2' for one medium, five topping pizza, cheesy bread and a two litre pop of your choice. Both options are $19.99. For each purchase using these codes, Domino's will donate $5.00 directly to Siloam Mission. You can start your order!
If you wish to make a monetary donation to the 2021 Virtual Food Drive please click on the link here to donate before January 31, 2021.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from January 21, 2021
- Bowen Byram to Make NHL Debut Tonight in Los Angeles - Vancouver Giants
- The Frozen Pond Moving out of Midtown Mall this Week - Saskatoon Blades
- Winnipeg ICE and Domino's Pizza Launch Virtual Food Drive in Support of Siloam Mission - Winnipeg Ice
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Winnipeg Ice Stories
- ICE Equipment in Good Hands
- Winnipeg ICE Announce Hockey Operations Staff for the 2020-2021 Season
- Winnipeg ICE Sign Three Players to WHL Standard Player Agreements
- Exceptional Time for East Division
- Winnipeg ICE Launch Virtual Reading with the Ice Presented by Taylor McCaffrey Lawyers