Wilderness Tack on Short Handed Goals & Split Weekend with MN Magicians
CLOQUET, MN - The Minnesota Wilderness NAHL Hockey team hosted the Minnesota Magicians at the Northwoods Credit Union Arena, Friday October 5, and matched up on Saturday in Richfield. The Friday match was high scoring, with the Wilderness coming out on top (5-1). The Wilderness were defeated (1-3) the following day.
Game 1. October 5. The game only got rougher as there were no points in the first period. The Wilderness are the first to put a point on the board, when Hermantown Alum, Jake Herter (#19) nets a goal. The Magicians scored their only point during this period. Then, Wilderness veteran, Nate Horn (#8) finds a beautiful goal off a crisp Power Play string of passes from #4 Jesper Wikstrom (Sweden) and East High School and Wilderness Captain, #11 Luke Dow.
The third period was full of points stemming from penalties and irregular play. Wilderness' #28 C.J. Regula finishes a short-handed goal from teammates Dylan Johnson (#14, Cloquet Alum) and Isaac Kobienia (#16).
Then, #16 Kobienia finds another drive to the nets and sinks his own shorthanded goal. Assists came from #5 Ondrej Trebal and #10 Nick Portz. At the end of the third period, the Wilderness crush their second power play goal with a string of touches: #9, Wilderness Veteran Colin Baird, #7 Aaron Myers, to #18 C.J. Regula (Goal).
Game 2. October 6 In the second matchup against the Magicians, the Wilderness are able to put two goals in the net. #17 Gino Lucia and #16 Isaac Kobienia found goals, but the Wilderness are unable to defeat the Magicians, falling 3-2.
Isaac Kobienia's goal was the NAHL highlight of the week.
Watch The October 6 Matchup Recap here:
The Wilderness face the Austin Bruins on their home ice on Saturday, October 13, at Northwoods Credit Union Arena. Fans planning to attend the home game on Friday can pick up discounted tickets from Super One Liquor (Cloquet) and B&B Market.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from October 11, 2018
- Johnstown Tomahawks Weekend Preview - Maryland Black Bears
- Special Teams Lead the Way in Knights' Win - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Knights
- Wilderness Tack on Short Handed Goals & Split Weekend with MN Magicians - Minnesota Wilderness
- Amarillo Bulls Weekend Preview at Shreveport - Amarillo Bulls
- Daniel Billett, Throw Back Thursday - Aberdeen Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Minnesota Wilderness Stories
- Wilderness Remember Esko High School Student with Moment of Silence
- Wilderness Hockey Win Two of Three Matchups over Weekend, Sweeping Bruins
- Wilderness Announce Annual Hunting Series
- Wilderness Announce Captains for 2019
- Wilderness Sweep Minotauros at Home Opener