Wilderness Fan Enters Remission and Will Get Back on Ice
CLOQUET, MN - Early in the 2018/19 season, the Wilderness were able to donate a jersey to David's medical benefit to help cover expenses for David's treatment of Medulloblastoma.
Later in the season, David was able to kick off our Cancer Awareness weekend by dropping the puck. Wilderness Captain, Luke Dow, was honored to present David with his very own Cancer Awareness jersey, signed by the 2018/19 Wilderness roster.
During that time, David was entering his last cycle of chemotherapy. We are extremely excited to announce that David has now entered remission and is working to get back on the ice with his Two Harbor's team this winter!
Congratulations to David on his fight against cancer and to his family and support systems for their bravery through his treatment journey.
The Minnesota Wilderness is a Tier II Junior Hockey Team in the National American Hockey League (NAHL), based in Cloquet, Mn.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from July 11, 2019
- Wilderness Fan Enters Remission and Will Get Back on Ice - Minnesota Wilderness
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Minnesota Wilderness Stories
- Wilderness Fan Enters Remission and Will Get Back on Ice
- Minnesota Wilderness 2019/20 Game Schedule Released
- Wilderness Forward Horn Selected for Junior World Cup in Sochi
- Wilderness Forward Nathan Horn Commits to Air Force Academy
- Wilderness Host Main Camp for 2019-2020 Season