Victory Wins 'Goal Of The Week' For Second Week In A Row
SAN FRANCISCO (July 6, 2007) -- Yuri Morales' fantastic second-half goal in Montreal last week was named the United Soccer Leagues Goal of the Week -- just days after Hugo Casillas won the same honor in week 10.
Victory forward Morales struck home a half volley from 25 yards out to ice a stunning 2-0 defeat of Montreal in front of 12,255 fans. It was his third of the season and earned him a place in the USL Team of the Week.
Check out Morales' goal here.
Victory midfielder Hugo Casillas won the award last week for his crafty goal against Rochester, and in week two Mike Muñoz was honored for his long-range strike against Vancouver.
The California Victory is the only USL club to have won "Goal of the Week" three times.
• Discuss this story on the USL First Division message board...
USL First Division Stories from July 6, 2007
- RailHawks Fall in Rochester - North Carolina FC
- Victory Wins 'Goal Of The Week' For Second Week In A Row - California Victory
- Vics Host Portland Saturday - California Victory
- Caps Insider - Vancouver Whitecaps
- Sounders vs Tacoma Tide Tomorrow Night - Seattle Sounders
- USL Broadcast Update - USL-1
- Battery plays Islanders Saturday at Blackbaud - Charleston Battery
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent California Victory Stories
- Van Straatum: "We battle until the end"
- Late PK puts Seattle on top; Sounders beat Vics 1-0 in San Francisco
- Victory out of playoff contention following loss to Montreal
- Victory beats Minnesota with Morales brace
- Victory face Thunder, Islanders in hunt for playoffs