VB Dodgers lose in ten
Steve Moss led off the 10th Inning with a home run to help Brevard County hand Vero Beach a 3-2 loss Monday night at Holman Stadium. Blake DeWitt, a 2004 First Round Draft Pick for LA, went 3-5 with a homer in his Holman Stadium debut. The series continues Tuesday night at 7:00 PM with FREE TICKETS available at Vero Beach-area Subway locations.
Brevard took a lead in the second inning when Ozzie Chavez lifted a 2-run homer to center off starter Danny Muegge. Those were the only runs Muegge allowed in 8 innings - his longest appearance of the season. He allowed only a bunt single after the fifth inning.
DeWitt's home run came in the third inning and accounted for the Dodgers first run. Vero tied the score at two in the fifth. Jamie Hoffman reached on an infield single and advanced to second on a wild pitch. Two outs later Matt Kemp singled him home. However, Vero Beach managed just three singles the rest of the way off Brevard's bullpen. It was the 11th loss in the last 14 games for the Dodgers.
• Discuss this story on the USL First Division message board...
USL First Division Stories from August 29, 2005
- VB Dodgers lose in ten - Virginia Beach Mariners
- Rematch of 2004 USL Championship match - Seattle Sounders
- Military Appreciation Night - Virginia Beach Mariners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Virginia Beach Mariners Stories
- Mariners host Miami for Fan Appreciation Night
- Mariners host Montreal Friday and Sunday
- Harrison returns to Real Salt Lake
- Mariners host Minnesota
- Simmonds named to USL First Division Team of the Week