Two Mariners Named as All-Stars
Virginia Beach, VAÂ– MarinersÂ’ forward Dante Washington and midfielder Jeff Bilyk have been chose to the U.S. Representative XI All-Star Team scheduled to take on the England National Game XI Team at Blackbaud Stadium in Charleston on June 9 at 7:30 p.m. This match features USL All-Stars from the A-League versus the English Nationwide Conference All-Stars. The inaugural game between the two teams was played in March 2002 in England. England won the match 2-1.
Washington is the only player on the squad with full U.S. National Team experience. He scored two goals in six appearances for the U.S. MenÂ’s National Team between 1991-1997.
The England National Game XI squad will feature the top professional players from the English Nationwide Conference. The U.S. side will feature the top U.S. A-League players plus four players from the Premier Development League. The match is considered a National Team representative match so only U.S. players could be considered for selection.
Charleston head coach Chris Ramsey will coach the U.S. All-Stars assisted by Mike Anhaeuser, also from Charleston.
â€˘ Discuss this story on the USL First Division message board...
USL First Division Stories from June 6, 2004
- Two Mariners Named as All-Stars - Virginia Beach Mariners
- Wave United Gets First Win With 1-0 Triumph Over Syracuse - Milwaukee Wave United
- Lynx End Winless Drought - Toronto Lynx
- Impact host Richmond Sunday - Montreal Impact
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Virginia Beach Mariners Stories
- Mariners host Miami for Fan Appreciation Night
- Mariners host Montreal Friday and Sunday
- Harrison returns to Real Salt Lake
- Mariners host Minnesota
- Simmonds named to USL First Division Team of the Week