Two Atlanta United Academy Players to Represent US U-17s to Kick off 2020-21 Cycle
ATLANTA - Two Atlanta United Academy players will represent the U.S. Under-17 Men's National Team at its first training camp of the 2020-21 cycle. Efrain Morales and Caleb Wiley were selected as part of the team that will play at a UEFA Development Tournament at St. George's Park in Burton upon Trent, England. The USA will play Spain (Feb. 19), England (Feb. 21) and Denmark (Feb. 24).
A total of 20 players, all born in 2004, will represent the U.S. at the tournament. Players born on or after Jan. 1, 2004 are age-eligible for the 2021 FIFA U-17 World Cup. The team will be coached by Larry Sunderland, Director of Player Development at FC Cincinnati.
Morales and Wiley are current members of the Academy's U-17s. Morales, who recently finished a training stint with Manchester United, has appeared in eight matches with four starts during the 2019-20 U.S. Soccer Development Academy (USSDA) season. Wiley has appeared in 12 matched with 11 starts.
U-17 USMNT Roster by Position (Club; Hometown)
GOALKEEPERS (2): Jeffrey Dewsnup (Real Salt Lake; Herriman, Utah), Gabriel Slonina (Chicago Fire; Addison, Ill.)
DEFENDERS (8): Logan Batiste (Inter Miami CF; Greenacres, Fla.), Kobi Henry (Inter Miami CF; Miami, Fla.), Samuel Jones (Philadelphia Union; Portsmouth, Va.), Antonio Leone (LAFC; Long Beach, Calif.), Efrain Morales (Atlanta United FC; Atlanta, Ga.), Devan Tanton (UE Cornella/ESP; Barcelona, Spain), Caleb Wiley (Atlanta United FC; Atlanta, Ga.), Thomas Williams (Orlando City SC; Titusville, Fla.)
MIDFIELDERS (5): Juan Alvarez (Seattle Sounders FC; Tukwila, Wash.), Eric Ayala (Tijuana/MEX; San Diego, Calif.), Zach Booth (Real Salt Lake; Eden, Utah), Victor Valdez (LA Galaxy; Santa Ana, Calif.), Aethan Yohannes(AZ Alkmaar/NED; Springfield, Va.)
FORWARDS (5): Kaile Auvray (Lille/FRA; Kansas City, Kan.), Federico Oliva (Atletico Madrid/ESP; Madrid, Spain), Evan Rotundo (San Diego Surf; La Mesa, Calif.), Dantouma Toure (New York Red Bulls; Trenton, N.J.), Darren Yapi (Colorado Rapids; Denver, Colo.)
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 13, 2020
- Sounders FC Welcomes Former Team Captain Brad Evans Back to Club as Official Brand Ambassador - Seattle Sounders FC
- LA Galaxy Announce 2020 Local Broadcast Schedule on Spectrum SportsNet - LA Galaxy
- Real Salt Lake Re-Signs Midfielder Luke Mulholland - Real Salt Lake
- Nashville SC Wins Second-Straight Preseason Match with 1-0 Victory over the Montreal Impact - Nashville SC
- eMLS League Series Two Starts Friday in Portland - Montreal Impact
- Expanded Generation adidas Cup to Feature Future Stars of Global Soccer - MLS
- Tomorrow's No-Fee Friday to celebrate the one-month countdown to FCC's 2020 home opener - FC Cincinnati
- Inter Miami CF Signs Bolivian Youth International Defender Jairo Quinteros - Inter Miami CF
- Mayor Cooper Reaches Deal with Nashville SC Ownership to Move Forward on Stadium - Nashville SC
- Inter Miami CF Signs Colombian Youth International Center Back Andres Reyes on Loan - Inter Miami CF
- Four WISE Women of the Year to be Honored at the 26th Annual WISE Awards Luncheon - MLS
- Two Atlanta United Academy Players to Represent US U-17s to Kick off 2020-21 Cycle - Atlanta United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Atlanta United FC Stories
- Atlanta United Joins Major League Soccer's Ã¢ÂÂMLS Unites' Campaign
- Atlanta United Statement on Training Moratoriums
- The Arthur M. Blank Family Foundation Announces Nearly $5.4 Million in Funding for COVID-19 Relief Efforts
- Josef Martinez Undergoes Successful Knee Surgery
- Atlanta United Falls 3-0 to Club America in Leg One