Tropics Raise over $1100 for American Heart Association Through Specialty Jersey Auction
LAKELAND, FL - The Florida Tropics Soccer Club and its fans collectively raised $1,167 for the American Heart Association in their first ever silent jersey auction.
"We are ecstatic about how excited and dedicated our fans were in helping raise money for such a great cause in the American Heart Association" said Tropics General Manager Andrew Ross, "this was the first time that we tried a silent auction- and our fans and community definitely did not disappoint."
Fans had the opportunity to bid online and in person on the exclusive signed jerseys which were worn on American Heart Association night. The Hummel brand jerseys, were red and featured the Tropics logo inside of a heart on the left chest. Bond Clinic P.A. and Winter Haven Hospital were title sponsors of the evening and special jerseys.
Tropics COO Chris Economides stated, "We had fans bidding online that live in Northwest Florida, Baltimore, and as far as California. It goes to show that our fans and community are willing to come together to support a great cause."
The Tropics presented representatives from the American Heart Association a check with the raised amount earlier today at the Tropics Front Office.
"I would like to thank the Florida Tropics Soccer Club and their fans for this donation. This donation will help make a community impact in the fight against heart disease and stroke right here in Polk County" said American Heart Association Regional Director Julia Kelly.
The Tropics will look to continue this tradition next season, but first will plan to have one speciality game for the Lakeland Tropics outdoor USL PDL season. The season kicks off May 12th vs. Next Academy Palm Beach. For more Information or to get your season ticket call 863-240-0101 or visit www.LakelandTropics.com.
• Discuss this story on the Major Arena Soccer League message board...
Major Arena Soccer League Stories from March 8, 2018
- Comeback Falls Short as Blast Prevails over Silver Knights - Syracuse Silver Knights
- Blast Defeat Syracuse 7-6; Take Game One of Eastern Division Final - Baltimore Blast
- Wave Ready for Round One of the MASL Playoffs Saturday and Sunday - Milwaukee Wave
- Trio of Sockers Named to the MASL Team of the Week - San Diego Sockers
- Tropics Raise over $1100 for American Heart Association Through Specialty Jersey Auction - Florida Tropics SC
- MASL Names Team of the Week for Week Nineteen - MASL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Florida Tropics SC Stories
- Tropics Soccer Club and Pinellas County United SC Partner on WPSL Franchise, Lady Tropics SC
- Tropics USL PDL Team Qualify for US Open Cup
- Tropics Raise over $1100 for American Heart Association Through Specialty Jersey Auction
- Six Straight Second Half KC Goals Sink Tropics in Season Finale, 10-6
- Central Division Champs Milwaukee Wave Take Down Tropics, 7-3