Toronto Native Kim Brown Signs with Buffalo
Forward Kim Brown has signed her first professional contract with the Buffalo Beauts.
"I couldn't be more excited to be joining the Beauts and getting the chance to compete for the Isobel Cup," said Brown. "I am really looking forward to getting to know the organization and finding my place. I am thankful for the opportunities hockey has given me and would like to help continue building the momentum the NWHL has gained since it was established."
Earlier this year, the Toronto native completed her collegiate career with Brock University of the CIS, recording 16 points (10-6-16) for the Badgers. She caught the attention of the Beauts staff at Free Agent Camp last weekend.
"Kim radiates professionalism on and off the ice," said Beauts general manager Mandy Cronin. "With her strong shot, quick feet, and natural lead-by-example presence, she will have a big impact on our Beauts team this season."
Brown developed as a player with the Toronto Leaside Wildcats.
"Kim brings an advanced hockey IQ and a shot that will have opposition goalies on their toes," said Beauts head coach Pete Perram.
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Hockey League message board...
National Women's Hockey League Stories from July 31, 2019
- Toronto Native Kim Brown Signs with Buffalo - Buffalo Beauts
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Buffalo Beauts Stories
- Buffalo Beauts Add Forward Hunter Accursi
- Erin Gehen Focused on Another Strong Season in Buffalo
- Four-Time First Team All-American Defender Kelly O'Sullivan Signed by Buffalo
- Kayla Meneghin Now a Member of the Buffalo Beauts
- Kelsey Neumann, Kristin Lewicki and Emma Ruggiero Are Back with Buffalo in 2020-21