Tomahawks Fall to Rebels
The Johnstown Tomahawks suffered a 5-2 loss to the Philadelphia Rebels Saturday afternoon as the Rebels swept the three-game series at Hollydell Ice Arena.
Ryan Johnson opened the scoring for Johnstown 8:24 into the first period with his 11th goal of the season. Johnson's goal was the only of the opening period as the two teams combined for seven penalties, playing a physical game yet again in their third game in as many days.
As time went on in a quiet second period, David Deputy tied the game at 1, scoring his 20th of the season with 7:25 remaining in the period. Johnstown's Ethan Perrault was sent to the box late, but the Tomahawks killed off the penalty to keep the game tied at one. Perrault's cross-checking call was the only penalty in the middle frame.
Philadelphia took the lead 4:43 into the third period with a goal from Dominic Foglia, followed nine minutes later by Owen Van Tassel's first NAHL goal to tie the game back up at 2. Just 1:12 later, Max Marquette regained the lead for the Rebels with his ninth of the season. The Rebels then extended their lead to two going up 4-2 as Oliver Band scored another goal 55 seconds later. Deputy netted his second of the game on an empty net to secure a 5-2 win for the Rebels Saturday afternoon.
The Tomahawks are back at 1ST SUMMIT ARENA next weekend to close out the regular season against the New Jersey Titans on Friday, April 14 and Saturday, April 15. Join us Saturday night for Guns and Hoses Night Presented by MMI Door. Tickets can be purchased online at ticketmaster.com.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from April 8, 2023
- Warriors Score Four Straight, Take Down Rhinos 4-1 - Oklahoma Warriors
- Bugs Cruise Past IceRays to Sweep Season Series - Shreveport Mudbugs
- Rebels Complete Sweep Over Johnstown - Philadelphia Rebels
- Game Day: Wolverines Take on Brown Bears with a Chance to Clinch the Club 49 Cup - Anchorage Wolverines
- Tomahawks Fall to Rebels - Johnstown Tomahawks
- Jacks Beat New Mexico in OT, 2-1 - Odessa Jackalopes
- Bergmann Posts Strong 22-Save Outing in Friday's Loss - Janesville Jets
- Posch Rebounds with Shutout Victory - Minnesota Wilderness
- Wisconsin Beats Wilderness by a Whisker; Takes Division Crown - Minnesota Wilderness
- Wilderness Clinch Playoffs Thanks to Anchorage Defeat - Minnesota Wilderness
- Jets Whip Up A Storm To Beat Wilderness - Minnesota Wilderness
- Wings Put up 5 on Norsemen for Friday Night Win - Aberdeen Wings
- Titans Down Nordiques 2-1 for Sixth Straight Win - New Jersey Titans
- Norsemen Stopped by Wings - St. Cloud Norsemen
- Duris Stops 23, Warriors Shut Out Rhinos 4-0 - Oklahoma Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.