Todd Scott Named WHL Vaughn Goaltender of the Month
The Western Hockey League announced Thursday that Todd Scott of the Edmonton Oil Kings has been named the WHL Vaughn Goaltender of the Month for January, 2019.
In 245 minutes of action during the month of January, Scott sported a perfect 4-0-0-0 record, 1.47 goals-against-average, and stopped 103 of 109 shots for a 0.945 save percentage. Scott's strong play was part of a 7-3-0-1 record for the Oil Kings in January that saw them build a three-point lead atop the crowded Central Division standings.
Scott's month began with back-to-back wins against the Lethbridge Hurricanes on January 11 and January 13, stopping 55 of 57 shots sent his way in the two contests combined. He then made 27 of 28 saves in a win against the Prince George Cougars and closed out his month Tuesday with a come-from-behind victory in the shootout against the Brandon Wheat Kings.
Overall, Scott was recognized twice as the second star of the game and once as the third star of the game during January. Dating back to December 30, 2018, Scott has won five-straight starts for Edmonton.
The 6-foot-1, 200-pound product of Albertville, Minn. has performed well in 10 games with the Oil Kings this season, sporting a 6-1-2-0 record, 3.14 GAA, and a 0.892 SV% in 573 minutes of action. Originally selected in the tenth round, 203rd overall, of the 2015 WHL Bantam Draft, by the Vancouver Giants, the 18-year-old Scott has appeared in 43 WHL regular season games, sporting a 18-13-5-1 record, 3.82 GAA, and 0.878 SV%.
The Oil Kings begin a two-game road trip in the province of Saskatchewan Friday, February 1 (7:00 p.m. CT) at the Art Hauser Centre against the Prince Albert Raiders.
WHL Vaughn Goaltender of the Month
January: Todd Scott, Edmonton Oil Kings
December: Dustin Wolf, Everett Silvertips
November: Ian Scott, Prince Albert Raiders
September/October: Ian Scott, Prince Albert Raiders
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from January 31, 2019
- Silvertips Host Local Heroes Night February 2 - Everett Silvertips
- Bowen Byram Named WHL McSweeney's Player of the Month - Vancouver Giants
- Oil Kings' Scott Named WHL Vaughn Goaltender of the Month - WHL
- Giants' Byram Named WHL McSweeney's Player of the Month - WHL
- Todd Scott Named WHL Vaughn Goaltender of the Month - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Kelowna Rockets and CMHA Kelowna team up to raise awareness about mental health February 2nd - Kelowna Rockets
- Thunderbirds' Ross Named WHL Rookie of the Month - WHL
- Rockets Set for Weekend with One on the Road, One at Home - Kelowna Rockets
- WHL Suits up with Don Cherry to Promote Organ Donation Jerseys Friday, February 1st - Kamloops Blazers
- Vancouver Giants and CMHA Vancouver-Fraser Team up to Raise Awareness About Mental Health on Saturday, February 2, 2019 - Vancouver Giants
- Byram's OT Winner Lifts the Giants over the Blazers 3-2 - Vancouver Giants
- Rybinski Grounds Rockets in Overtime - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Rockets Earn Point in OT Loss - Kelowna Rockets
- Chiefs Offense Dominant in 7-2 Win over Portland - Spokane Chiefs
- Winterhawks Reach 200 Goals in Spokane - Portland Winterhawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Edmonton Oil Kings Stories
- Canadian Hockey League Launches Memorial ECup Tournament
- Neighbours Drafted 26th Overall by St. Louis Blues
- St. Louis Blues Select Jake Neighbours 26th Overall in the 2020 NHL Draft
- Edmonton to Host Back-To-Back World Juniors
- Oil Kings Acquire Draft Picks from Everett