Timbers Announce Broadcast Details for 2019 Season
PORTLAND, Ore. - The Portland Timbers today unveiled their complete broadcast schedule for the 2019 Major League Soccer season.
Including at least 13 nationally televised matches, all 34 of the Timbers' regular-season matches will be broadcast live both on television and radio for a ninth consecutive season in 2019. Once again this season, play-by-play announcer Jake Zivin, color analyst Ross Smith and on-field analyst Nat Borchers will call the action on the television broadcast as the club's broadcast partners ROOT SPORTS and KPTV FOX 12 will air the club's regional television broadcasts, as they have each season since the Timbers' inaugural MLS campaign in 2011.
In 2019, ROOT SPORTS will deliver 11 matches across the Northwest region to cable and satellite homes in Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana and Alaska. Ten matches will be featured over the air on FOX 12 (KPTV) or sister-station FOX 12 PLUS (KPDX). KFBI in Medford and KEVU in Eugene will continue to televise all games also airing on FOX 12 and FOX 12 PLUS. Additionally, ROOT SPORTS also will re-air completed Timbers matches throughout the season.
FOX 12 is the home of the Timbers' weekly program, "Timbers in 30," which airs each Friday during the season at 6:30 p.m. (Pacific), with subsequent airings each week on ROOT SPORTS. Hosted by Zivin and Smith, the show features exclusive, inside access to the team, while also providing team and game analysis with in-studio appearances from Timbers coaches and players each week.
Portland's 13 games on national television include broadcasts on ESPN, ESPN2, FOX, FS1 and Univision.
On the radio side, 102.9 and 750 The Game (KXTG) and La GranD (KGDD 93.5 FM, 1150 AM) will serve as the team's flagship stations once again in 2019. Play-by-play announcer Keith Bleyer returns for his eighth season as part of the Timbers broadcast team along with Joe Sleven, who played collegiate soccer at the University of Portland, in his second season on KXTG. Fletcher Johnson returns for his ninth season as host of the pregame, halftime and postgame radio shows. For the Spanish radio broadcasts, Josue del Castillo returns as the play-by-play announcer, working alongside Oscar Ramos, who will serve as the analyst.
In addition to match broadcasts, 102.9 and 750 The Game, which has served as a flagship station of the club for each of its first eight MLS seasons, airs the Timbers' weekly program, "Talk Timbers," each Wednesday night from 6-8 p.m. (Pacific). "Talk Timbers" features interviews with coaches, players and club representatives and covers both Timbers and MLS news.
2019 Portland Timbers Schedule (home matches in bold, CAPS)
Date Opponent Kickoff (Pacific) Television
Saturday, March 2 @Colorado Rapids 3 p.m. ROOT SPORTS
Sunday, March 10 @Los Angeles FC 4:30 p.m. FS1
Sunday, March 17 @FC Cincinnati 2 p.m. FS1
Sunday, March 31 @LA Galaxy 6 p.m. ESPN2
Saturday, April 6 @San Jose Earthquakes 5 p.m. ROOT SPORTS
Saturday, April 13 @FC Dallas 5 p.m. KPDX
Saturday, April 20 @Columbus Crew SC 4:30 p.m. KPDX
Saturday, April 27 @Toronto FC 12 noon ROOT SPORTS
Saturday, May 4 @Real Salt Lake 6 p.m. ROOT SPORTS
Friday, May 10 @Vancouver Whitecaps FC 7 p.m. KPDX
Wednesday, May 15 @Houston Dynamo 5:30 p.m. ROOT SPORTS
Saturday, May 25 @Philadelphia Union 4:30 p.m. ROOT SPORTS
Saturday, June 1 LOS ANGELES FC 7:30 p.m. ESPN2
Saturday, June 22 HOUSTON DYNAMO 8 p.m. ROOT SPORTS
Wednesday, June 26 @Montreal Impact 4:30 p.m. KPTV
Sunday, June 30 FC DALLAS 8 p.m. UniMás/KPTV
Sunday, July 7 @New York City FC 3:30 p.m. FS1
Saturday, July 13 COLORADO RAPIDS 8 p.m. KPDX
Thursday, July 18 ORLANDO CITY SC 7 p.m. ESPN
Sunday, July 21 @Seattle Sounders FC 6:30 p.m. FS1
Saturday, July 27 LA GALAXY 7:30 p.m. FS1
Sunday, Aug. 4 @Minnesota United FC 1 p.m. ESPN
Saturday, Aug. 10 VANCOUVER WHITECAPS FC 8 p.m. KPDX
Wednesday, Aug. 14 CHICAGO FIRE 8 p.m. ROOT SPORTS
Sunday, Aug. 18 ATLANTA UNITED FC 7 p.m. FS1
Friday, Aug. 23 SEATTLE SOUNDERS FC 7 p.m. ESPN
Saturday, Aug. 31 REAL SALT LAKE 7:30 p.m. KPDX
Saturday, Sept. 7 SPORTING KANSAS CITY 7:30 p.m. ROOT SPORTS
Sunday, Sept. 15 D.C. UNITED 4:30 p.m. FS1
Wednesday, Sept. 18 NEW YORK RED BULLS 7:3 p.m. KPDX
Sunday, Sept. 22 MINNESOTA UNITED FC 1:00 p.m. ESPN
Wednesday, Sept. 25 NEW ENGLAND REVOLUTION 7:30 p.m. KPDX
Sunday, Sept. 29 @Sporting Kansas City 4:30 p.m. ROOT SPORTS
Sunday, Oct. 6 SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES 1 p.m. ROOT SPORTS
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 14, 2019
- Revolution Fall to Louisville City FC in Preseason Friendly - New England Revolution
- Sounders FC Announces Special Way for Fans to Give Back for Team's February 20 International Friendly - Seattle Sounders FC
- LA Galaxy Preseason Match vs. Vancouver Whitecaps FC Canceled Due to Inclement Weather - LA Galaxy
- Montreal Impact Soccer Schools Announce Summer 2019 Programming - Montreal Impact
- Sounders FC Becomes First Carbon Neutral Professional Soccer Team in North America - Seattle Sounders FC
- Timbers Announce Broadcast Details for 2019 Season - Portland Timbers
- Major League Soccer Commissioner Don Garber's Contract Extended Through 2023 Season - MLS
- LA Galaxy, David Beckham and Herbalife Nutrition to Unveil Community Soccer Field and Mural in Los Angeles on Friday, March 1 - LA Galaxy
- FC Dallas Signs 24th Homegrown Player Edwin Cerrillo - FC Dallas
- Sounders FC Edged 2-1 by Cascadia Rival Portland in Preseason Friendly in Tucson - Seattle Sounders FC
- Timbers Open Mobile Mini Sun Cup against Seattle Sounders FC - Portland Timbers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Portland Timbers Stories
- Timbers 2019 Campaign Comes to An End in First Round of Audi 2019 MLS Cup Playoffs
- Timbers Weekly Update: October 17, 2019
- Timbers, Thorns FC Name Collin Romer Vice President of Communications
- Paredes, Zambrano Called up for International Matches
- Timbers Clinch Berth in Audi 2019 MLS Cup Playoffs with 3-1 Win over San Jose Earthquakes