Tiger-Cats Sign Quarterback Morton & Linebacker Thompson
The Hamilton Tiger-Cats announced Monday the football club has signed two American players, including quarterback Jalen Morton (pictured left) and linebacker Corey Thompson (pictured right). Morton has completed his quarantine process and will join the team's practice squad, while Thompson has been moved to the suspended list while he completes his quarantine period.
Morton, 24, most recently spent time with the National Football League's Indianapolis Colts earlier this season after originally signing with the Green Bay Packers as an undrafted free agent on April 29, 2020. The 6-3, 237-pound native of Arlington, Texas played 34 games with 23 starts at Prairie View A&M University over five seasons (2015-2019), completing 372-of-695 passes (53.5%) for 5,237 yards, 42 touchdowns and 29 interceptions. Morton added 1,579 rushing yards on 270 carries with 22 rushing touchdowns, and four receptions for 29 yards and a receiving touchdown in his career with the Panthers.
Thompson, 27, appeared in 18 NFL games with the Buffalo Bills over two seasons (2018-19), registering 19 total tackles and one forced fumble. The 6-1, 222-pound native of Missouri City, Texas signed as an undrafted free agent with the Bills after playing parts of six seasons at Louisiana State University (2012-17). With the Tigers, Thompson suited up in 44 games overall at both linebacker and safety, registering 109 total tackles, 7.5 tackles for loss, six quarterback sacks and three passes defended. He was forced to redshirt his junior and senior seasons due to injury.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from September 20, 2021
- Stamps Sign Defensive Back and Running Back - Calgary Stampeders
- Lions Add WR TJ Rahming and DL Michael Divinity Jr. - B.C. Lions
- Lions Battle Roughriders in Huge Western Showdown at BC Place - B.C. Lions
- Tiger-Cats Sign Quarterback Morton & Linebacker Thompson - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- The Party Returns to TD Place for Wednesday Night Football - Ottawa RedBlacks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Hamilton Tiger-Cats Stories
- Tiger-Cats Add Defensive Back Davis to Practice Roster
- Tiger-Cats to Host Grey Cup in 2023 in Addition to 108th Grey Cup Game in Hamilton this December
- Tim Hortons Field Increases to Full Capacity in Accordance with Provincial Guidelines
- Tiger-Cats Release Pair
- Lawrence Named a CFL Top Performer of the Month for September