Thunder Acquires Rights to Center Corey Trivino
STOCKTON, Calif. - The Stockton Thunder, proud ECHL affiliate of the Edmonton Oilers of the National Hockey League, and head coach Matt Thomas announced the team has acquired the rights to center Corey Trivino from the Florida Everblades, completing the transaction on Mar. 7, 2013 when Florida acquired goaltender Cody Reichard in exchange for future considerations.
Trivino, 23, led Florida Everblades rookies last season with 51 points and 18 goals in 63 games, additionally ranking third on the club in scoring. He also earned the club's "Unsung Hero" award, finished tied for third in team playoff scoring with 11 points (3g-8a) in 13 games and tied for their playoff lead with seven power play points.
"Corey was one of the top scoring rookies in the ECHL this past season," said Thomas. "He is a player that will add instant offense to our team."
Trivino, who finished tied for third in the ECHL with eight game winning goals, earned ECHL Rookie of the Month honors for March when he posted 21 points in 15 games. He also earned his first career hat trick along with six multi point games.
The 6-foot-1 and 193 pound pivot was selected in the second round (36th overall) by the New York Islanders in the 2008 NHL Entry Draft. He previously skated in 112 career college games with Boston University (NCAA) and collected 73 points (31g-42a).
Trivino, who earned a gold medal with Canada in the 2008 World Junior Championships (Under-18), was also a member of the Terriers' national championship squad as a 2008-09 freshman when he had 13 points in 32 games.
He earned a college career high 28 points (8g-20a) in 37 games as a 2010-11 junior.
A two time recipient of the ECHL "Award of Excellence," the Thunder led the ECHL in attendance for four consecutive seasons and drew over 200,000 fans for the eighth consecutive season in 2012-13. Season Tickets are on sale now. For more information about tickets, merchandise, or other inquiries contact the Stockton Thunder offices at (209) 373-1500 or visit www.StocktonThunder.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from June 12, 2013
- Eagles Stay at Home with 107.9 The Bear - Colorado Eagles
- Stingrays Receive Forward Justin Maylan from Stockton - South Carolina Stingrays
- Thunder Acquires Rights to Center Corey Trivino - Stockton Thunder
- Bittner Accepts Position with Tri-City of USHL - South Carolina Stingrays
- Royals and Sovereign Center Unveil Murals - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Stockton Thunder Stories
- Final Weather Report: All the News and Notes from the Stockton Thunder
- Thunder Announce End of the Year Equipment Sale
- Thunder Win Final ECHL Game in front of Sold Out Crowd
- Final Thunder Home Game at Stockton Arena at 7:30 p.m.
- Larocque Scores in Second Straight against Bakersfield but Team Falls