Three Stampeders Opt Out
The Calgary Stampeders have released defensive backs Branden Dozier and Raheem Wilson as well as running back Brandon Wilds.
All three players have elected to opt out of their contracts as per the agreement between the Canadian Football League and the CFL Players' Association following the cancellation of the 2020 season. Wilson played all 19 regular-season and playoff games for the Stampeders in 2019, Dozier is a three-year CFL veteran who signed with the Stamps as a free agent in February while Wilds is a rookie who joined the club in May.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from September 3, 2020
- RedBlacks Release Three Players from the Roster - Ottawa RedBlacks
- Three Stampeders Opt Out - Calgary Stampeders
- Seven Blue Bombers Opt Out - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Quarterback Vernon Adams Jr. to remain under contract with the Alouettes - Montreal Alouettes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.