the Mammoth Wins Colorado Pride Night 8-7
The Colorado Mammoth beat the Buffalo Bandits 8-7 at Pepsi Center on Saturday night.
Saturday's win was the Mammoth's second win in 48 hours. The Mammoth played the Georgia Swarm on the road on Friday and won that game 11-10.
The Mammoth's win on Saturday was especially exciting for Colorado fans as it was "Colorado Pride Night" at Pepsi Center in celebration of Colorado Day.
Goaltender Steven Fryer's first NLL start was the main story of the night. Fryer has played on and off in the NLL since 2011, but finally got his start in front of 16,062 Colorado fans tonight.
Head Coach Pat Coyle, "It feels good to win back-to-back games. We knew as a group going in to it that we had our work cut out for us be we really try to focus on what our next task is. We'll enjoy this tonight then get ready for next weekend."
#39 Goalie Steven Fryer, "At the end of the day, when our backs were against the wall, we answered the bell and that shows the character in our locker room. We could have used excuses galore, like we were tired from traveling, but the character of our locker room wouldn't let that happen"
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from March 4, 2018
- Rush Shut Down Stealth 16-10 - Saskatchewan Rush
- the Mammoth Wins Colorado Pride Night 8-7 - Colorado Mammoth
- Toon Town Showdown for the Stealth - Vancouver Stealth
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Colorado Mammoth Stories
- Mammtoh Retiring Lacrosse Legend John Grant, Jr.'s No. 24 on March 24
- Five Straight Wins for the Colorado Mammoth
- Four Straight Wins for the Mammoth
- Mammoth Aiming for Fourth Consecutive Win on Military Appreciation Night
- the Mammoth Wins Colorado Pride Night 8-7