Thank You from the Craft Brothers
To the Tulsa Roughnecks FC fans,
Since purchasing this soccer franchise in August, we have been overwhelmed by the excitement of the committed Tulsa soccer community and our fans. Thank you for your support of this team and for being so welcoming to us.
While we know the 2019 season was not good enough on the pitch, we were very encouraged by the late season fight and success we saw out of our team. The Roughnecks went 4-3-3 in the last 10 matches and secured wins over two playoff teams. We scored multiple goals in five of our last nine matches and saw the determination of a winning team with a stoppage time match-winning goal over New Mexico United in front of our home fans.
We are committed to bringing you better in 2020!
This offseason will be one full of exciting announcements as we build a championship club both on the field and in the front office. We have already unveiled a new President, James Cannon, to lead Tulsa Roughnecks FC, and more announcements will follow in the coming days and weeks as we build towards the 2020 USL Championship season.
We are thrilled to bring a new level of investment this franchise has never seen before in the players that we sign. We are currently recruiting some of the top players in the USL Championship and are hard at work scouting the globe for the best possible talent to bring to Tulsa.
As we've heard from many of the fans over the last several months, there has been a desire to re-sign our best talent in order to build continuity, long term success and avoid the feeling that our best players get poached away. We are committed to retaining our best talent and are excited to share some player announcements in the coming days and weeks. The 2020 team will be competitive on the field and represent Tulsa with pride on a national and global stage.
Just as important to us as winning on the field is being an active member in our city. We pledge to do our part to host numerous events and initiatives that serve all parts of the Tulsa community throughout the year. Having grown up in Tulsa, our passion for the city is a huge motivating factor in why we are investing in this club and the city.
Together, we will build a team we can all be proud of, on and off the field.
We look forward to meeting you at a match in 2020.
J.W., Ryan and Kyle Craft Owners - Tulsa Roughnecks FC
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from November 19, 2019
- Thank You from the Craft Brothers - FC Tulsa
- Mads Jorgensen Returning to Hartford Athletic for 2020 Season - Hartford Athletic
- Atlanta United 2 Signs Amadou Macky Diop - Atlanta United 2
- Joe Greenspan Named USL Championship Defender of the Year - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Pittsburgh's Greenspan Named Championship's Defender of the Year - USL
- 1868 FC to Host Open Tryouts - Reno 1868 FC
- Tickets Go on Sale November 22 for 2020 CONCACAF Women's Olympic Qualifying Tournament - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- Nashville's Pickens Voted Championship's Goalkeeper of the Year - USL
- Sebastian Guenzatti Back in 2020 - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Tulsa Stories
- FC Tulsa Cruises Past Rogers State 1-0 in Preseason Scrimmage
- FC Tulsa to Play Preseason Match in Claremore, Okla. against Rogers State University
- FC Tulsa Plays to Draw in Preseason Scrimmage against Oral Roberts University
- FC Tulsa Ties Saint Louis FC 1-1 in Preseason Action
- FC Tulsa Unveils 2020 Kits Alongside Multiyear Partnership with adidas