Taylor Named Ironman
Despite last weekend's 63-60 loss to Birmingham the Louisville Fire did have a standout performance from wide receiver/defensive back Lance Taylor. Taylor was awarded the af2 US Army Ironman of the Week by the league office today for his six touchdown effort against the Steeldogs.
Taylor, 5'10 192 Alabama, scored his six touchdowns in a variety of ways, one rushing, three receiving and two kick returns for touchdowns. Taylor finished the night with 74 receiving yards, 178 kick return yards and tallied 255 all purpose yards. Taylor also recorded two and half tackles on defense.
Taylor's award is the first weekly award for the Fire this season. The Fire will travel to Quad City this weekend to take on the Steamwheelers on Saturday night at 8:15. The game can be heard on 1080-AM or louisvillefirefootball.com.
The Fire will return home on Saturday May 20 to face the Albany Conquest at 7:00 P.M. in Freedom Hall. Tickets can be purchased by visiting ticketmaster.com.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from May 10, 2006
- Sitake added to Shock roster - Spokane Shock
- DeRonn Finley on "The Coach's Corner" - Bakersfield Blitz
- Fire to battle Steamwheelers - Louisville Fire
- Yard Dawg Receives League Honor - Oklahoma City Yard Dawgz
- Unbeaten Pioneers stay on top in week seven coaches poll - af2
- Taylor Named Ironman - Louisville Fire
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.