T-Bones Sweep Salina Series
KANSAS CITY, Kan. - The Kansas City T-Bones swept the three-game series against the Salina Stockade with a 3-2 win on Sunday afternoon at CommunityAmerica Ballpark.
In the final game with Salina, the Stockade got things rolling early on. Shortstop Jordan Caillouet's sacrifice fly to left field allowed Salina to grab an 1-0 lead in the first inning.
Both teams were unable to score until the fourth inning when the T-Bones were able to get on the scoreboard for the first time. Right fielder Chantz Mack launched a three-run home run scoring first baseman Kevin Keyes and second baseman Marcus Lemon giving Kansas City a 3-1 lead going into the fifth.
After five scoreless innings for the Stockade, left fielder Jimmy Heck brought Salina within one run with an RBI single to right field in the top of the seventh inning.
The score would stay at 3-2 to end the game, as neither team could score in the finals innings. The Kansas City T-Bones swept the Salina Stockade in the first of two series with their in-state rival.
The T-Bones will continue their ten game homestand tomorrow evening against the Fargo-Moorhead Redhawks at 7:05 p.m. at CommunityAmerica Ballpark. RHP Jose Almarante (2-3, 4.58) will go for Fargo-Moorhead while the T-Bones will send out RHP Chris Perry (0-1, 3.42)
For additional information or interview requests, members of the media may contact the T-Bones Media Relations Department at 913-328-5639. Tickets are available online, by calling (913) 328-5618 or by visiting in person the Providence Medical Center Box Office.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from June 18, 2017
- Canaries Sweep Railroaders After 7-5 Win in 11 Innings - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Saltdogs Belt Four Homers to Take Rubber Match with RailCats 11-6 - Lincoln Saltdogs
- RailCats Three Home Runs Not Enough in Series - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Sense of Relief for Saints in 7-6 Win over Goldeyes - St. Paul Saints
- T-Bones Sweep Salina Series - Kansas City T-Bones
- Kain Clips RedHawks with Walk-Off - Wichita Wingnuts
- Saltdogs Sign Former Sioux City Outfielder - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Motl's Big Night Pushes Canaries to Series Win in Cleburne - Sioux Falls Canaries
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.