SYL Reveals 72 Players Attending 2018 USL Experience
TAMPA, Fla. - After a week of reveals for each of the four teams invited to the 2018 USL Experience, hosted by the United Soccer League's Phoenix Rising FC, the Super Y League has officially announced all 72 invitees to the residential event from April 5-8 in Phoenix, Arizona.
The USL Experience provides top SYL players with some of the highest-level youth competition in the country while delivering a unique look into professional American soccer through the league's relationship with the United Soccer Leagues, LLC, operators of the Division II USL, the new USL Division III, the Premier Development League and the SYL.
The multi-day residential event, which was hosted by FC Cincinnati in 2016 and San Antonio FC in 2017, offers those invited the opportunity to train like a pro, compete against high-quality competition, interact with professional players and coaching staff and receive access to professional training facilities. This year's event will build upon the successes of the one-of-a-kind events in Cincinnati and San Antonio by offering a social media training course with the USL's Director of Social Media.
"We would like to give our heartfelt congratulations to all of the players invited to attend the USL Experience in Phoenix this year," said Christian Velasquez, the SYL's Director of Operations. "The USL Experience will provide a unique glimpse into a professional environment, with Phoenix Rising FC hosting and teaching our players about life at the pro level. By offering a social media training course to the players, the event will help teach them how to be a professional off the field in addition to their professional experiences in training and on the field."
The players invited come from a broad range of backgrounds from across the country, but they will unify at the 2018 USL Experience on four teams, a U13/U14 and a U15/U16 team for both boys and girls. Each team will be led by an experienced and knowledgeable Super Y League coach and will have a taste of the professional lifestyle from the perspective of USL players via Rising FC.
Aside from training in a professional environment and competing in friendlies against local academy clubs at a first-class, newly-renovated facility, players will experience a professional-style media and interview process to prepare them for behind-the-scenes aspects of life as a professional athlete. The players will also attend a USL match as Rising FC hosts Real Monarchs SLC at the Phoenix Rising Soccer Complex (9 p.m. ET, USL Match Center).
For further information, along with featured spotlights, frequently-asked questions and more, visit our USL Experience page.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League message board...
United Soccer League Stories from February 9, 2018
- Real Salt Lake Mourns Loss of Former Monarchs Asst. Coach Liam Miller - Real Monarchs SLC
- Rangers Sign Sporting KC Academy Midfielder Camilo Benitez - Swope Park Rangers
- Penn FC Partners with Crooked Hill Townhomes - Penn FC
- SYL Reveals 72 Players Attending 2018 USL Experience - Las Vegas Lights FC
- Upcoming Switchbacks FC Tryouts & Major Reveal - Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
- Midfielder Seth Moses Signs with Indy Eleven - Indy Eleven
- Fresno FC Announces Single-Game Tickets and Mini-Plans Are Now on Sale - Fresno FC
- Real Monarchs SLC Name Danny Cruz Assistant Coach - Real Monarchs SLC
- FCC Individual Match Tickets, Packages Available Beginning February 12 - FC Cincinnati
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Las Vegas Lights FC Stories
- Lights FC Kicks off Second Half of July Road Swing with Matinee at Portland Timbers 2
- Lights FC, Boston Dental Group Team up to Support After School All-Stars School Supply Drive
- Raul Mendiola Named to USL Team of the Week Following First Hat Trick in Club History
- Lights FC Bringing Fireworks, Soccer Parties and Much More to Downtown Las Vegas Every Saturday Night in August
- Lights FC Drops 2-0 Decision in First Meeting with Rio Grande Valley FC