Swiss Club Buys out Schnorf Contract
ATLANTA - Sportclub Young Fellows Juventus, a club in Switzerland's third division, has bought out the contract of defender Mattias Schnorf, the Silverbacks announced Tuesday.
Schnorf, who played in Switzerland's second division before coming to Atlanta, was loaned to YF Juventus on September 28. Impressed with his performance over the past three weeks, the club opted to buy his contract from the Silverbacks. Per team policy, the fee will not be disclosed.
"We really appreciate what Mattias contributed to the Silverbacks while he was here," Director of Soccer Rodrigo Rios said. "But he wants to be in his home country for the time being, so allowing YF Juventus to buy out his contract was what was best, both for Mattias and for our team."
After observing Schnorf's play with the Silverbacks, MLS club Chivas USA brought him to Los Angeles for a trial last month. On September 15, the 27-year-old returned to his native Switzerland for personal reasons.
• Discuss this story on the North American Soccer League message board...
North American Soccer League Stories from October 12, 2011
- FC Edmonton Releases Eleven - FC Edmonton
- Van Der Beck to be Inducted into St. Louis Soccer Hall of Fame - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Swiss Club Buys out Schnorf Contract - Atlanta Silverbacks
- Stars Carry Lead into Semifinal Second Leg - Minnesota United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Atlanta Silverbacks Stories
- Goal of the Year: Burgos Buries 2015 Honor
- Junior Delivers Team of the Week Performance in Finale
- Silverbacks Stall Fall Season Champions to Split Points
- Preview: Silverbacks to Close Regular Season vs. Ottawa
- Silverbacks Surge into Minnesota #MNUvATLÃ¢=9A=BD