Supernovas Announce Broadcast Partnership with Nebraska Public Media
OMAHA, Neb. - The Omaha Supernovas, Nebraska's first major league professional volleyball team in the Pro Volleyball Federation, are thrilled to announce a broadcast partnership with Nebraska Public Media. This exciting collaboration will bring world-class volleyball action to television screens across Nebraska.
Under this partnership, Nebraska Public Media and the WORLD Channel will broadcast two of the team's most anticipated matches of the inaugural season. The first will be the Supernovas hosting the Orlando Valkyries at 5:00 p.m. CST, Sunday Feb. 18 on WORLD. This is a change from the original first serve time of 8 p.m.
WORLD is available statewide over the air and on cable. It can also be found on Nebraska Public Media's website and app, available on all smartphones and tablets. It cannot be found on satellite. More information on WORLD can be found at https://nebraskapublicmedia.org/en/about/station-map.
The second match is a prime-time showdown as Omaha hosts the Vegas Thrill at 6:00 p.m. CST on Saturday, March 30. This match will be broadcast on Nebraska Public Media, available statewide and on cable and satellite.
"As volleyball starts a new chapter in Nebraska, we are proud to partner with the Omaha Supernovas to broadcast two games during its inaugural season," said General Manager and CEO Mark Leonard. "Adding the Supernovas to our sports lineup will continue our legacy of bringing fantastic coverage of women's volleyball to a statewide audience of passionate fans for this rapidly growing sport."
Nebraska Public Media is an award-winning media organization that tells the stories of Nebraska, first-hand, through the voices who reside in the Cornhusker state. Additionally, Nebraska Public Media provides exceptional coverage of the state's athletic events including the NSAA Nebraska State High School Championships, Nebraska and Creighton.
The Supernovas are one of seven U.S. teams for the 2024 Pro Volleyball Federation inaugural season: Omaha Supernovas, Atlanta Vibe, Columbus Fury, Grand Rapids Rise, Orlando Valkyries, San Diego Mojo and Vegas Thrill. Three expansion teams, Dallas Pro Volleyball, Indianapolis Pro Volleyball Kansas City Pro Volleyball, have been announced for 2025. The Supernovas will have 12 home and 12 away matches as part of a 24-match schedule across a 16-week regular season.
When the regular season concludes, the Supernovas are aiming to be one of the top four teams in the standings that will compete for the Pro Volleyball Federation National Championship in May. The location of the championship will be determined and announced later this season.
• Discuss this story on the Pro Volleyball Federation message board...
Pro Volleyball Federation Stories from February 8, 2024
- Vegas Thrill Wins Season Opener in Electrifying 5-Set Match against Omaha Supernovas - Vegas Thrill
- Atlanta Vibe Activate Jehláøová - Atlanta Vibe
- Supernovas Announce Broadcast Partnership with Nebraska Public Media - Omaha Supernovas
- Rise Host Omaha on Monday Night - Grand Rapids Rise
- Paige Briggs Explodes in First Career Start as Omaha Falls to Vegas in Five-Set Thriller - Omaha Supernovas
- Atlanta Area Teams Offer Fans Many Sports Options - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Omaha Supernovas Stories
- Supernovas Sweep Vibe; Move into First Place of Pro Volleyball Federation
- Supernovas Down Valkyries in Four Sets Behind Cartwright's Explosive Debut
- Supernovas Fall to Fury in Columbus Home Opener
- Supernovas Take Down Orlando as Omaha Sets U.S. Attendance Record
- Supernovas Break U.S. Professional Volleyball Indoor Attendance Record for Second Time