Storm Face Wild on Road
The Sioux Falls Storm (1-0) will take on the Wichita Wild (0-2) Friday, March 9, at 7:05pm CT at Hartman Arena.
The Storm are coming off a bye-week after opening up the 2012 season at home on February 26 with a 73-43 win against the Green Bay Blizzard. The 2011 IFL MVP, Chris Dixon, was impressive in his home opener completing 19-20 for 268 yards, 5 touchdowns and zero interceptions. Storm newcomer Clinton Solomon made his inaugural debut with the Storm with seven catches for 102 yards and three touchdowns. Defensively, linebacker Dejuan Fulghum leads the team with eight tackles (seven solo) and Rachman Crable has 1.5 sacks.
The Wild are opening up 2012 home play after a tough 38-35 loss to the Beef in Omaha last week. Wichita is averaging 32.3 points per game as quarterback Phil Staback is 47-93 with 464 yards, six touchdowns and seven interceptions in two games.
The Storm returns to the Storm Shelter to take on the Cedar Rapids Titans on Sunday, April 1 at 2:05pm.
• Discuss this story on the Indoor Football League message board...
Indoor Football League Stories from March 8, 2012
- Terrell Owens Will Play in New Mexico March 11 at Santa Ana Star Center - New Mexico Stars
- Storm Face Wild on Road - Sioux Falls Storm
- Nebraska Danger to Host Omaha Beef Monday Night - Nebraska Danger
- Cedar Rapids Titans, United Bowl Finalists in This Week in the IFL - IFL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.