STLFC Falls 2-0 Away to Indy Eleven
INDIANAPOLIS, In. - Saint Louis FC fell 2-0 on the road against Indy Eleven in the first match of the USL Championship restart at Lucas Oil Stadium.
Indy Eleven opened the scoring in the 52nd minute as Tyler Pasher received the ball over the top of the defense from Andrew Carlton and fired his shot past STLFC goalkeeper Kyle Morton. The home side would then double their advantage in the 79th minute as Neveal Hackshaw got on the end of the free kick taken by Ayoze Garcia to head home his first goal of the season. The result sees Indy Eleven move to the top of Group E with six points and a 2-0-0 record while Saint Louis FC remains on three points and falls to 1-1-0 in the restarted 2020 USL Championship season.
The first half saw Indy Eleven control a majority of possession but it would be Saint Louis FC to create the first chance as Paris Gee crossed to Russell Cicerone at the back post but his shot was cleared away in the 5th minute. Indy Eleven would create the remaining chances of the half as Morton was called to make eight saves to keep the game scoreless at the break.
The second half started with Indy Eleven breaking the deadlock in the 52nd minute as Pasher scored his third goal in two games this season after being played into space and turning his defender to finish past Morton. Saint Louis FC would make four substitutions as they pressed for an equalizer but Indy would score shortly after the final substitution break in the 79th minute as Hackshaw rose to head home Ayoze's free kick. Saint Louis FC will travel to face Louisville City FC in the next match on Saturday, July 18th while Indy Eleven hosts Sporting KC II.
Saint Louis FC @ Louisville City FC - Saturday, July 18th at 6:00 p.m. CT
Indy Eleven vs. Sporting KC II - Saturday, July 18th at 6:00 p.m. CT
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from July 11, 2020
- RGV FC Fall on the Road to El Paso - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- Switchbacks FC Drop Home Opener - Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
- Convincing Victory at Lucas Oil Stadium Gets USL Championship Back in Action - Indy Eleven
- Atlanta United 2 Falls 2-1 at Tampa Bay Rowdies - Atlanta United 2
- United Takes away Win at Colorado Springs in Return to Play - New Mexico United
- Athletic Down Revolution II in Preseason Tune Up - Hartford Athletic
- STLFC Falls 2-0 Away to Indy Eleven - Saint Louis FC
- Real Monarchs Fall to San Diego 1-0 in Return to Play - Real Monarchs SLC
- INDvSTL: Match Preview & Roster Update - Saint Louis FC
- Phoenix Rising vs. LA Galaxy II - July 11 at 7 PM - Game Notes - Phoenix Rising FC
- Lynn Family Stadium Loaded with Amenities for LouCity Fans - Louisville City FC
- SD Loyal Announces Roster Updates Prior to First Match in Return-To-Play Season - San Diego Loyal
- What to Watch for with LouCity vs. Pittsburgh - Louisville City FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.