Statement from Family of Zeke Upshaw
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. - The following is a statement from Jewel Upshaw, mother of Zeke Upshaw:
"After continued efforts from the medical team at Spectrum Health, Zeke made his transition at 11:16 a.m. To family, friends, teammates, coaches, fans, and confidants, thank you for all your prayers and support during this most difficult time. We ask that you respect our privacy at this time. Details of his memorial will be announced at a later date. We'd like to thank the many doctors and nurses at Spectrum Health for their efforts in caring for our son. We'd also like to thank the Grand Rapids Drive for the support they have extended to our family."
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 26, 2018
- Legends Face Rio Grande Valley in Round 1 of Playoffs this Friday - Texas Legends
- 2018 NBA G League Playoffs Schedule Update - Lakeland Magic
- Statement from the Reno Bighorns and Sacramento Kings Regarding the Passing of Zeke Upshaw - Reno Bighorns
- Mad Ants Host Eastern Conference Semifinals on April 3 at 7 p.m. - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- RGV Vipers Will Host Texas Legends on Friday, March 30 in NBA G League Playoffs - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Austin Spurs Playoff Tickets on Sale Starting Today - Austin Spurs
- 2018 NBA G League Playoffs Schedule Update - G League
- Official Statement from the Skyforce on the Passing of Zeke Upshaw - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Statement from the Maine Red Claws on the Passing of Zeke Upshaw - Maine Red Claws
- Statement from the Austin Spurs and Spurs Sports and Entertainment Regarding the Passing of Zeke Upshaw - Austin Spurs
- Grand Rapids Drive Mourns the Passing of Zeke Upshaw - Grand Rapids Drive
- Ike Anigbogu Assigned to Fort Wayne - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- NBA G League President Malcolm Turner Issues Statement Regarding the Passing of Zeke Upshaw - G League
- Statement from Family of Zeke Upshaw - Grand Rapids Drive
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.