Stars Make Transactions With Krieger And Sanchez
The Milwaukee Brewers have made a pair of roster moves that will impact their Double-A affiliate Huntsville Stars prior to tonight's doubleheader against the Birmingham Barons.
OF Scott Krieger and INF Juan Sanchez have been transferred from Huntsville to Brevard County, the Brewers Single-A affiliate.
Krieger and Sanchez were transferred to Huntsville from rookie-level Helena and Brevard County respectively back on May 10. In eight games with the Stars, Krieger batted .176 (3-for-17) with one RBI. Sanchez was .050 (1-for-20) in 11 games for Huntsville.
There are no corresponding roster moves to fill these two vacancies on the Stars roster at this time. With these moves, the Stars active roster sits at 22, two below the Southern League limit of 24.
The Stars and the Barons face off in a doubleheader contest tonight at Joe Davis Stadium. First pitch for the first game is scheduled for 5 p.m. For more information, visit www.huntsvillestars.com.
• Discuss this story on the Southern League message board...
Southern League Stories from May 27, 2010
- Late Rally for M-Braves Falls Short in Second Loss to Mobile - Mississippi Braves
- Hall Dazzles, Offense Explodes in 7-2 Win - Montgomery Biscuits
- Behind Pineda, Jaxx Even Series with Mudcats - Jackson Generals
- Collmenter Cruises as BayBears Blast Braves - Mobile BayBears
- Mudcats Bested by Diamond Jaxx, 7-4 - Carolina Mudcats
- Smokies Fall 7-2 in Montgomery - Tennessee Smokies
- Lookouts Even Series with Suns - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Diamond Jaxx Game Notes - Jackson Generals
- Antoan Richardson to Mississippi - Mississippi Braves
- BayBears Host Family Fridays At Hank Aaron Stadium - Mobile BayBears
- Huntsville Stars Introduce "Belly Buster Party Deck" At Monday Home Games - Huntsville Stars
- Stars Make Transactions With Krieger And Sanchez - Huntsville Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.