St. Louis Ambush Get Tropical on Sunday
St. Charles, MO - The St. Louis Ambush (9-11) take a trip to the Sunshine State when they visit the Florida Tropics (16-3) at the RP Funding Center in Lakeland Sunday, March 8 at 2:05 p.m. CDT.
Sunday's contest is the second and final meeting between the Ambush and Tropics for the 2019-20 season. The Ambush will be looking to turn the tables on their foes, who won the first encounter 7-1 on January 25 in Lakeland.
For the Tropics, they will be tuning up for the postseason, having clinched a playoff berth and are in a good position to win the Eastern Conference title. For the Ambush, who have been eliminated from the playoffs, Sunday's match will give head coach Hewerton an opportunity to give playing time to some players who are still developing their skills as he calculates the team's strengths and weaknesses and plots personnel moves during the coming off season.
In other news this week, Ambush goalkeeper Paulo was earned an honorable mention in the MASL's Team of the Week awards. Paulo turned in another stellar performance in last Sunday's thrilling 5-4 win over the rival Kansas City Comets, posting 11 saves in 15 save attempts in that match.
The Ambush will be without the services of forward Oitomeia for their remaining four games as he has returned to his native Brazil to resume his professional futsal career. Ambush CEO Shelly Clark said the team anticipates Oitomeia returning to the Ambush next season.
After Sunday's duel in Florida, the Ambush return home next weekend for their final two home games of the season. The Milwaukee Wave pay a visit to the Family Arena on Friday, March 13 for a 7:35 p.m. CDT affair, followed by the Mesquite Outlaws on Sunday, March 15 at 3:05 p.m. CDT. Single game tickets for the two home games are on sale and can be purchased at the Family Arena box office or at ticketmaster.com. Groups of 10 or more can purchase their discounted tickets by calling the Ambush office at 636-477-6363.
• Discuss this story on the Major Arena Soccer League message board...
Major Arena Soccer League Stories from March 5, 2020
- SeaWolves Start Hot, Cool Late, Fall to Kansas City - Orlando SeaWolves
- Second Half Sees Comets over Orlando - Kansas City Comets
- Back to Back Home Games for Milwaukee Wave this Weekend - Milwaukee Wave
- St. Louis Ambush Get Tropical on Sunday - St. Louis Ambush
- Ontario Fury Goalkeeper Chris Toth Voted Week 15 Sporturf Player of the Week - Ontario Fury
- Last 2 Home Games of the Season - Rochester Lancers
- Head Coach Doug Miller Ready to Don the Lancers Jersey and Reach a Milestone - Rochester Lancers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent St. Louis Ambush Stories
- St. Louis Ambush Partners with Red Cross to Host Blood Drive
- St. Louis Ambush Sign Defender Axel Duarte for Another Season
- St. Louis Ambush Sign Midfielder Ado Jahic to Multi-Year Deal
- St. Louis Ambush Season Tickets Go on Sale Monday
- St. Louis Ambush Sign JT Thomas to Three-Year Deal