Speed defeat Phantoms 37-29 in the League Opener
The Carolina Speed have started on their quest to win the 2009 Championship by defeating the 2008 Champion Florence Phantoms by a 37-29 score. With close to 5,000 fans, the Phantoms tied the game at half time 13-13. The 'S' Group, Josh Smith, Marc Huddleston and DeMarcus Fox, receivers did their job perfectly.
The score went back and forth in the third quarter with QB Shayne Milligan running and passing for scores to Josh 'Money' Smith and Marc Huddleston. Local Darlington native son Jimmy Bell ran and passed through the Phantom defense including a touchdown pass. The Carolina Speed bosts a great defense stopping the Phantoms four times from the five yard line. Troy Pelshak, Levell Morrow, and Altariq Browne stood out on the D-line. David Mulvhill and Jupiter Wilson led the offensive line with their blocking and pass protection. The Speed continue their quest against the Columbus Lions this Saturday March 14 for their home opener.
• Discuss this story on the American Indoor Football Association message board...
American Indoor Football Association Stories from March 10, 2009
- Veteran Jackson a big asset to Thunder - AIFA
- Erie RiverRats Name 30-Man Roster - Erie Explosion
- Speed defeat Phantoms 37-29 in the League Opener - Carolina Speed
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Carolina Speed Stories
- Carolina Speed Downshifts for 2010
- Angie McBride NHRA Drag Bike Star teams with the Carolina Speed
- Speed defeat Phantoms 37-29 in the League Opener
- Trio of receivers signed to play Speed football
- Carolina Speed to Sponsor NHRA Pro Stock Driver Angie McBride in Inaugural Carolina Nationals